New Friend

Unedited chapter. Please be aware of grammatical errors ⚠️
     -------------------------------------

Rudra's PoV:

I was preparing documents for the upcoming inauguration of our shopping mall. That’s when I heard a knock on the door. There is nothing I hate more than someone disturbing me during my work.

Begrudgingly I spoke out: “ Come in” 

“Sir” Surya my assistant said. His voice quivered so badly. What the hell is his problem? Why is he sweating so much?

“Is there any problem Surya?” He seemed genuinely worried. There was something really wrong about him. 

“What is it?” I intentionally raised my voice otherwise I don't think he would speak up.

 I have never seen him so shaken up.

“Sir, t...that I...I received a mail in your aa..address. It states that it's urgent so I opened it. I think you should see this '. He gave me the mail. What the hell is that all about? He took at least 5 minutes to say those few words.

It was already open, so I pulled out the contents of the mail. My heart stopped for a moment, and rage nearly consumed me. My hands fists around the pictures of my wife and that…Pranav. She was laughing with him like he cracked some joke of the year and in the last picture he was feeding her something and she was happily eating from HIS HAND!!!. She promised me she would keep some distance from him. Is this her distance? Why the hell is he feeding my wife? What the hell is happening? Is she cheating on me? No, obviously not. She is not that kind of woman. Pranav, If I get you on my hand…. I know for sure this is his tactic to seduce my wife. I definitely won't let you go Pranav.

“Ananya you're in very big trouble wify,” I thought to myself. An evil smile formed as I gazed into the distance. “In a very big trouble”.

Whatever Surya saw on my face made him clearly uncomfortable and terrified. He started to shake like a leaf. GOOD. Fear is good. "You can go Suya" I ordered and he almost ran out of my office.

At Ananya's college:

"Ananya are you okay?" Renuka asked her after seeing her. Her face was pale with shock and anger.

"Yeah I'm fine I was just thinking about something else" She lied. She was really enraged and shocked at Pranav's behavior, she felt like she didn't know the real Pranav anymore. His recent actions showed her that he was not Pranav she grew up with and has known for so long.

Not wanting to trouble Renuka with her problems she quickly shook thoughts about him off her mind. Seeing Renuka's worried face she quickly changed the subject.

"I got the message. What do you need my help with?" Ananya asked smiling a little.

"Oh," heaving a sigh she gestures for her to sit next to her. "My cousin is visiting me today at 5:30 initially thought I would be free by that time but the economic section held an emergency meeting today so I won't be late seeing her today"

Ananya does not know what she wants her to do. Seeing her confused face she continued. "Can you please give her company until the meeting is over? I'll definitely be free by 6 pm"

Ananya was uncomfortable with the idea of giving company to a person she hadn't met before and not only that they'd be alone without a common friend's help to ease the initial awkwardness. If Renuka had accompanied her then it would have been much better. Her introverted mind just wanted to go home and have a relaxing bath. Then spent some time with her husband. She blushed at the memory of her moments with her husband.