The shock

Unedited chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anu, do you think we will pass our final exam? I'm so scared I want to graduate this year and start to work as soon as possible" Mina rambles on while sitting next to the Annapurna on the bus.

"Of course, we are gonna pass don't worry about it. After all, we worked our ass off for it" Annapurna turned away from the scenery to face her friend while her hair swayed in the wind before replying. Mina, Annapurna's best friend somehow managed to calm down.

"So we're finally free from the clutches of studying and college... How are you planning to celebrate our freedom" mina chortled with glee

"I'm not going to do anything" she mumbles and turns back to the window to enjoy the scenery. Letting the cool wind caress her face. "Oh, don't be a wet blanket now Anu. Let's go to our regular panipuri stall please, " she pleased showing her puppy eyes.

Anu chuckled but shook her head no before turning her down "I can't Mina. Amma and Appa are not home, they'll return before dinner time, so I've to prepare dinner for us and I also have to do Puja since Amma will be late"

"Okay, fine do whatever you want, " she leans back against the seat and sat there sulking and pouting making anu giggle at her silly reaction.

"Don't start pouting now. We will celebrate our freedom this coming Saturday and we will visit all our favorite places" Annapurna said while pulling her arm like a kid.

Mina giggles and agrees. Soon the bus reached her stop and Annapurna got out. When she arrived at her house, she saw a man wearing a light blue shirt and ripped jeans standing outside, his back facing her.

"Who are you?" She inquired and approached him.

Adithya spun around and shoot her a nervous smile. Her jaw dropped and stared at him with owly eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered-yelled at him while looking around to check if any eyes are spying on them.

"Because you blocked my number and I've been trying to contact you for the past some days, " he retorted and crossed his arms against his chest.

"Let's get inside if anybody saw you here when my parents are out people will start making up rumors and I'll not get any good marriage proposal," she announced and walked past him to unlock the door.

"Well, then it's a good thing. When you don't get any good alliances I will come to the rescue and marry you, " he teased while following her into the house. She quickly closes the door before anyone could see him.

She then stares at him stupefied then rolled her eyes. "What's wrong with Aditya? What are you blabbering about, huh? Why did you even come here? Didn't I say I need some space and time to move on from you, " she bombarded him with questions.

"Because I don't want you to move on, " he shouted back, he approached her still body, and stared deeply into her eyes, he gently grabbed her hands. Her eyes held shock and confusion, she stares at him with wide eyes.

"W-What? What did you say? What do you mean by that? " She stammered.

"I don't want you to move on from me and love someone else. I want you, no, I need you Annapurna because I love you, " he confessed, her eyes searched him for any lies or amusement but all she saw were sincerity, desperation, and love.

She yanked her hand from his grip and whirled away from him. "I don't need your pity, Aditya. You don't need to say it just to make me feel better" her eyes refused to meet his eyes.