12- FIRST KISS

A/n: A big announcement:- from this week onwards I will update every Friday. I finally figured out a working schedule for me.
Now back to the story
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author pov:
"Can you believe his audacity Anu? He is trying to portray me as a psycho" Ananya complained as she sat down on the soft bouncy bed and wiped off a tear from the corner of her eyes.

"Hmm" Anu hummed from the other side of the line.

"Anu what happened? Are you not fine?" Ananya asked, worried.

"No no I'm fine. Don't worry about me. It's just-" she trailed off as her voice broke. "At first I need you to relax okay? take a deep breath and exhale. Repeat it for few times" she instructed and Ananya did as she told.

"Now are you relaxed?" She asked and Ananya hummed in response. "First of all, chechi I need you to believe that I will always be on your  side okay?" She said carefully not wanting to anger her sister. "And now I will tell you what I think. I think Rudra anna was trying to get to know you and help you" she finally said.

"What? Do you think him bringing me to a psychiatrist is to help me?" Ananya retorted and huffed in anger.

"Yes, it will help you. Now listen to me carefully. Chechi, not all people who seek help from psychiatrists are crazy. Nowadays even children who have behavior issues, couples with marital issues, and students who battle with pressure and stress also consult a psychologist. That doesn't mean they are crazy, a psychiatrist's job is not only to treat people with mental illness but also to help people who are mentally struggling to cope with their problems" Anu informed her, hoping to change her perspective.

Ananya was silent for a while slowly processing what Anu just said. Deep down she knows it is true but what she heard and believed while growing up is far from the truth and it holds her back from accepting the reality. She once heard from her colleague whose marriage was once jeopardized and how a psychiatrist working as a marriage consultant saved her marriage and now she is living happily with her husband. And she could think of many more people who are perfectly normal and saved their life from falling apart by seeking help from a psychologist.

"It's not a big deal anymore-" Anu continued but her words were cut short by Ananya

"I know I know. Now I understand but I'm not going to see a psychologist I don't have that many serious issues" Ananya muttered under her breath.

"Nonetheless, I don't like the way Rudra anna introduces the matter to you. He was being a bit insensitive.  Maybe that's because he has no experience with a woman" Anu replied,

"how do you know that?" Ananya asked eagerly, she wondered if she is the first woman in his life. Unknowingly a smile appeared on her face.

"Arjun anna said that. You know that they used to be best friends but now anna ruined it. He said Rudra anna will never forgive him since one thing he can't forgive is betrayal and evidently, anna betrayed everyone's trust" Anu added and let out a sigh of dismay. Ananya was wondering about her brother, and for the past some days she completely forgot about Arjun.

"How he is doing right now? Did amma and appa forgive him?" She questioned eagerly hoping for a positive answer.

'Uhm, amma forgive him but appa... He is still stubborn and anna is quite miserable about it" Anu informed. They talked for a while until they faced an issue with the connection.

"Anu what's that sound? Is someone trying to call you?"Ananya asked

"Yeah, I think so. Okay, chechi I will call you later" with that being said she disconnected the call.