Disastrous Wedding Night

A/n: this chapter is unedited. Please forgive me if you saw any silly mistakes.

After standing up to Rudra I know he probably begins to hate me more. It hurts me to see him glaring at me with pure hatred in his eyes. But I don't regret defending my brother, I know he was wrong, but he doesn't deserve to be humiliated in front of everyone else. Shortly uncle Vignesh called us to have lunch, we were guided to the food section, and made us sit together. My cousin Priya spread banana leaves in front of us and began to serve food one by one on the leaf. After having lunch with our parents and guests we stood up and washed our hands now it was time to leave, and my heart sank at the thought of leaving.

I burst into tears when I bid goodbye to my parents, amma, and Anu cried with me and hugged me.

"Sweety, you must know that our door is always open for you" appa whispered in my ears when he hugged me and I nodded against his chest.

I pulled back from the hug and turned to my brother Arjun who was standing there with guilt written on his face. He quickly embraced me and held me tightly "I'm so sorry for everything that happened to you Ananya. Please forgive your Anna." He begged and a tear escaped from his eyes, I quickly wiped it off and shook my head

"Stop apologizing Anna it's okay whatever happened is happened, we can't change our past. I love you and I'll miss everyone" I replied as my eyes teared up once again.

He was about to hug me again but a strong hand grasped around my wrist and pulled me towards a built rock-hard chest, to my utter shock it was Rudra. He was glaring at my brother and he possessively wrapped his built arm around my shoulder. "I think we should leave right now otherwise we will pass auspicious time to enter our home"

Rudra's voice held a feigned concern and hurry, but it held pure anger which he failed to suppress at the same time it also held possessiveness.

My heart fluttered when he said our home, yes from today onwards his house is my home. I turned to face my parents and siblings and smiled at them reassuringly. To my luck, they believed Rudra and didn't doubt the true intention behind his words.

"Yes, he is right we should move fast" Uncle Vignesh agreed to his son.

"Okay then, sweety gets inside his car," Appa said in a defeated voice. I nodded and hopped inside his car Arjun tugged my saree's pallu inside the car to help me.

"Don't forget to call me, chechi?" Anu said her eyes turning red due to crying. I nodded and waved them goodbye as we drove away from there.

I sat in the car in uncomfortable silence and I already began to miss my parents and siblings. After some time I looked at Rudra who was sitting there with an expressionless face but the tick in his jaw says he is mad at someone probably me. I sighed and looked outside through the window.

As soon as the car came to halt at the familiar humongous gate, two guards rushed towards the gate and pulled it open with great difficulty. The car moves forward and the familiar mansion came into view. This is my home from now on, I have been in this mansion numerous times and I'm familiar with every corner of this mansion.

Soon Rema amma opened the door and inclined her head to face me. "Come out sweety, welcome to your new home" I gulped at her words then nodded. I got out of the car and walked towards the decorated Sit out, I felt a presence to my right and I know who it is, my husband. Oh, my husband.

I stopped at the door and I saw a bowl of rice and a platter of kumkum on the floor. "Sweety, I know you are not familiar with our customs so we simplified our Grehaprevesh ceremony. You need to gently knock the rice-filled bowl with your right toe and step onto the kumkum platter" I did as she instructed and I was very nervous when I stepped onto the kumkum platter what if I slipped and fell in front of everyone, oh god. Suddenly a familiar rough hand wrapped around my arm, I was genuinely surprised to see Rudra looking at me in concern. I internally bloomed in happiness and completed all the rituals with joy. At least he cares for me.