Reconciled Friends

Ananya returned home with a heavy heart, her mind racing with the thoughts of her father. The fear of losing him was overwhelming. At this moment she wishes that Rudra will be there with her to console and hold her firmly against him. But he wasn't, he texted her saying he won't be back until it was past midnight.

Though she knew that his work is so important and she shouldn't be so selfish, she can't help but want to be in his presence or precisely in his arms. She misses his presence and his musky smell covered in clove scent, it always succeeded to calm her nerves, but tonight he is not here to do that.

Oh, Ananya! Don't be so clingy! If you keep acting like this, you'll scare him off! Have a grip! She scolded herself.

She took a long hot shower to calm her nerves and it worked. She gets under the duvet now with relaxed muscles thanks to the hot shower and quickly slipped into a deep sleep as all her exhaustion caught her up.

When she woke up in the morning she was kind of eager to be in her husband's presence. But to her dismay, he left before she could come down from her room. So she prepared and eat her food with a pout on her pinky lips. And her mood was grumpy throughout the day, which made her a pain in the ass of Renuka.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ananya was teaching in the classroom when she heard her phone vibrates. She quickly picked up it thinking it must be her mother and she was indeed correct.

"Amma? What happened? Is appa fine? " She attends the call after excusing herself from the class. Suddenly felt fear clasped around her at the thought of her father.

" Your Appa is fine, but you have to come here once your class is over." Her mother ordered in a hushed tone and quickly cut the call before Ananya could speak.

Ananya stood there dumbfounded while staring at her, now blank phone. "What's wrong with her?" She wondered. Fortunately, the college bell rang and it was her last class so she could leave now. Without further ado, she packed up and left the school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ananya enters the city hospital where her father was admitted, he has not yet been discharged. She was glad when her mother said her father is fine, but then why did she ask her to come so urgently? Ananya was beyond confused.

As she walked into her father's bedroom, her breath was knocked out of her lungs at the sight in front of her. Her father is laughing hysterically whilst her husband Rudra sits in front of him cracking some jokes. She remained frozen for a while.

"Oh, sweetie! You're here" "Look who came to give me a surprise visit" her father beamed in happiness. She never saw him smiling so much ever since he was sick. Her gaze turned to her husband, who was smiling until his eyes landed on her.

When his eyes landed on her, his smile faded, his eyes darkened and he looked upon her as though she is his prey. A shiver of fear and something else ran down her spine under his intense gaze. With much effort, she ripped her gaze off him.

"How are you feeling, Appa?" She asked giving him a gentle smile.

"I'm feeling wonderful sweetie, now that my son came to visit me, " he sang joyfully and softly patted Rudra's shoulder then starts talking to Rudra. Ananya looked at her mother who was looking at men with joy on her face.

"How did he know Appa was in the hospital?" Ananya thought.

Suddenly she felt a presence at her side, she jerked around to see her brother standing there with his mouth hung open. He then looked at her with confusion marring his face. Then he quietly dragged her out of the room.

"What he is doing here? Did you bring him here? " Once they are away from their father's bedroom, Arjun asks her in a hushed voice.

"No, Arjun! I haven't even told him about Appa's condition and I don't know how he came to know about him, " she answered, still shocked at her husband's surprise visit.