Slow Burn

My exams are finally over and I did so badly!! I'm done crying over it so I'm back to writing. When I started to write again after a small break I realized something - I lost touch with writing but I didn't give up. So you may find this chapter a bit boring and full of mistakes.

------------------------------
Ananya was ecstatic to finally meet Rema and Subadra, whom she missed so badly. Her stay at Rudra's house was delightful. Their love prepared her to cope with the impending dreadful days. Even though her brother assured her that it was not a risky surgery and she didn't have to worry about her father, she could not stop the anxiety bubbling within her.

On the day of his surgery, she thanked God not only for making her father's surgery successful but also for giving her such a supportive and caring husband. He stayed by her side during the surgery, ensuring her that everything would be alright. Even though Ananya was an emotional mess, he didn't get annoyed by her continuous crying. He validated her emotions and stood by her side.

Rudra covered all the expenses of the surgery and treatment as he had promised, which made Ananya and Arjun extremely guilty.

"Don't give me that look, Anaya! For a fact, we both know that you would've done the same thing if you were in my place". He asserted his point, hoping it would reduce her guilt. Ananya nodded her head hesitantly, silently agreeing with him.

Ananya took a few days off from her work and stayed with her father to take care of him. Rudra visited him daily, even during his busy schedule. For a week, they weren't able to fully concentrate on their work, and when Ananya's father recovered from the surgery, they almost immediately returned to work.

As for Ananya, once she returned to work, she had a tonne of work to catch up on within the next few weeks. The same goes for Rudra because he had postponed a lot of new projects and meetings while he stayed with Ananya, giving her moral support when she needed the most.

Ananya was a perfectionist in her field of work and never let the work pile up this much. And when she was forced to face so much pending work, she panicked and stressed herself out. Ananya began to overwork herself, neglecting her health. Rudra was as well, pretty much caught up in his work and failed to notice her overworking but unlike her, Rudra was not overworking.

Ananya was packing her belongings since her class is over and she was so eager to return home because since the morning she was suffering from a stomach ache.

" Are you feeling better now Ananya? " Asked Renuka feeling concerned. Ananya nodded absent-mindedly just after that she yelped in pain, clutching her stomach.

" Oh my god, are you okay, do you want to go to the hospital or something" By now Renuka went into full panic mode. She gently grabbed her upper arm, helping Ananya to stand still.

"No, I am fine, I think I got just my period" she replied while panting. 'Do you perhaps have pads with you?"

Renuka quickly nodded and reached out to her bag and fished out a pad for her. "Are you sure it's just your period?

She asked, feeling a bit suspicious. Ananya nodded once again and snatched the pad from her before bolting towards the washroom.

" I think that stupid PCOS is back Oh god, what should I do now? I should have been careful about my diet" Ananya mumbled to herself. " I know if I don't visit my doctor as soon as possible I will be in so much trouble" talking to herself, she called her usual doctor and thankfully she got an appointment this evening. ' If things go as I planned I could return home before Rudra returns"

After promising Renuka that she is alright, she left the college for the hospital.
~~~~~~
Rudra was in a meeting when he felt his phone vibrate at first he ignored it, but when whoever that person is kept on calling him, he excused himself from the meeting to attend the call.