Her struggles

Ananya was once again lost in her thoughts as she sat in the professor's room during her break. Her date with Rudra and their small session in the car seemed to be too good to be real. She can't believe how kind he is to her.

He genuinely promised her that he would love her one day, but is it possible for someone like him to love her? Ananya wondered, but she can't deny the fact that he is attracted to her. It baffled her to a great extent how could he feel attracted to her. She is too fat for him! At least that's what she thought.

"Ananya we lost you again to some other world!" "It is unjust, the mighty earth is worthy of thy divine presence " Renuka joked as she gently nudged her. Ananya jolted in her seat - once she comprehended her surroundings and let her friend's words sink in - she rolled her eyes.

"You joke too much Renuka," she remarked and rammed through the pages of the book, which was long forgotten until Renuka dragged her back to reality.

"How was your first date with your hubby? Did he treat you well? How was it? " She bombed her with questions while shaking in excitement.

"Renu you're acting like a teenager right now! Well, to answer your question, it went well. He treated me very well," she replied, a blush crept into her face as the memory of the kiss flashed through her mind. She had never been kissed so furiously. It was so intense that she still gets goosebumps just thinking about it.

That kiss was definitely different from any other kiss he had given her. It was passionate, promising and rough, and gentle at the same time. She still remembers the overwhelming feeling it gave her.

"Yeah, that went definitely well, I can tell that by watching you blush," Renuka said mockingly and laughed at her. Ananya ignored her and began to read the book, and that's when her phone rang.

Yes, she bought a new phone which barely cost around Rs1000 and true to its value the phone wasn't touch screen and could only be used to call others and to receive calls. But that is more than sufficient for her. Her phone served its job well and that's all matters.

"Hello, Ma? Is everything alright? " Dread courses through her veins when her mother called her at this time, especially knowing that she has classes today and the probability of she must be in one now.

"Sweety, come to the city hospital as soon as you can. Your appa had severe heartache this morning, He is in the ICU now". Her worries proved to be true when her mother revealed the truth. Her heart sank further into her, her hand began to shake.

"Please come, dear. I'm scared". Her mother's voice quivered breaking Ananya's heart. Her mother has always been a strong pillar of her family, but now hearing her trembling voice beyond hurt her.

"I will be there soon. Don't worry Amma, appa will be fine" Ananya didn't like the way her voice wavered, she was supposed to provide her mother with assurance and strength, but she did not seem to have it in her, for she is also drowning in the concern about her father.

"Renuka, I need your help!" "Please tell HM I left due to a family emergency and that I will call them as soon as I can," She informed Renuka and began to stuff her things into the shoulder bag.

"What happened Ananya?" Her friend inquired after seeing her urgency. She was concerned seeing how shaken up Ananya was at that moment.

"Appa's in the hospital, it sounded serious, I needed to be there," Ananya answered and bolted out of there.

Her heart frantically beats with concern about her father. She is closer to her father than anyone in her family - if anything happened to him, she doesn't know how she will tolerate the pain or how she will survive. She knows it was bounced to happen, but now she's not prepared to lose her father as if she ever would.
*****************************************************
"Amma"  Mahalakshmi's head shot up to see from where she heard her daughter's voice and saw Ananya rushing towards her with worry etched on her face.