1.3

[1.3]

Pro-Bending Avatar

The next day, Rae decided to be present during Korra's airbending training. Early in the morning, the Guardian went to the Police Headquarters to report to the Chief on the Avatar's training. Forgetting the part when the two snuck out to go to the Arena, Rae explained to Lin how Korra's training was going, which, according to the Guardian, was going way worse than what she was excepting.

Still in her metal uniform, Rae stood next to Meelo as they watched the young Avatar. It was the fifth time Korra tried the exercise Tenzin proposed to her and Rae couldn't help herself but cringe as the young Avatar failed miserably.

Rae's eyes widened when she saw the flames coming out of Korra's hands, burning the old airbending tool. She felt Meelo take her gloved hand in his and she turned to him.

"That was not supposed to happen, right?"

Meelo shook his head, still staring at the bright orange flames, and squeezed Rae's hand when he heard his father.

"That was a two thousand years old historical treasure! What--WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!"

The Guardian cringed at Tenzin's tone, knowing it would only make Korra angrier.

"There's nothing wrong with me! I've been practicing just like you've taught me, but it isn't sinking in, okay?! It hasn't clicked like you said it would."

"Korra this isn't something you could force," said Tenzin, with a calmer tone than before. "If you would only listen to me—"

"I have been! But you know what I think?! Maybe the problem isn't me! Maybe the reason I haven't learned air bending yet is because you're a terrible teacher!"

Without any more words said, Korra stormed away, leaving the four airbenders and the Guardian to stare after her.

"Yeah, you're a terrible teacher, daddy!"

Rae turned to glare at Meelo after the words left his mouth. The boy started running around, destroying the remaining wooden pieces of the airbending tool. Turning around to look at Tenzin, she said, "Don't worry, I'll talk to her.... After calming Meelo down."

After calming the young airbender, Rae left to look for Korra. She had a feeling the teenager didn't leave the island yet, so she walked its shores in order to find her, knowing she would be next to a source of water.