4.1

[4.1]

Spirits

Present day

Present day

"Rae!"

"Rae!?"

"RAE!"

She woke up with a jump, her eyes wide with surprise at the small yet sharp and loud voice. she didn't get to raise her body from the small uncomfortable bed before a small weight pushed down on her chest. She turned her head to it and concentrated on her spirit before she entered the Guardian State easily for half a second.

With a roll of her dull eyes, she sat up, feeling the small spirit that she managed to see for fraction of time fall in her lap. Before it could jump away, Rae wrapped her hands around the spirit's body gently and lifted it in the air.

"What did I say about waking me up, Kimi?" she asked with a tired frown.

The small, yellow spirit giggled, making Rae sigh and place her on her lap before she sat back down and closed her eyes, hoping to get another few hours of sleep before Toph would choose the best time of the night to terrorize her with Metalbending training. While Rae was close to a prodigy at Metalbending, there weren't many metal sources in the swamp, making Toph use the excuse that Rae needed to learn more about the sacred art of Metalbending only to use the Guardian's metal plates and wires.

She felt the shadow of a touch climb up her arm and into her hair. The long creature snuggled in her long white hair, right next to her ear, and whispered, "You should listen to the annoying one."

Rae scoffed at the familiar dragon spirit's words. "You're lucky my own past lives made you stay with me or else I would have ditched you for Kimi, Mushu," she muttered before getting up again and grabbing the yellow spirit.

"What is it, Kimi?" she asked blankly.

"The Avatar," squealed in excitement the small spirit, "she's in the village!"

"What?" asked Rae, ignoring the ringing in her ears caused by the acute voice of the spirit.

"She's there!"

Before the Guardian could say anything, Kimi jumped out of her lap and started out of the room. With wide eyes, Rae got to her feet and followed it, not forgetting to take her metal fans, and plated before rushing out in the chilly air of the swam barefoot.

"Kimi, wait," she exclaimed, trying to keep up with the speeding spirit. When they both reached the end of the swamp, Kimi's body turned in a small white dog. Rae panted and followed the vibrations of its footsteps, frowning slightly when it turned from two to four. Still, she paid no attention to it, only stopped for a second to grab the sides of her long and comfortable dark green skirt so it wouldn't get dirty or torn when she ran.