16 - New Plan

It was late. You weren't sure what time it was, but one thing for sure was that you couldn't sleep. The conversations you and the boys have had over the past couple of days ran through your mind like street racers. They were relentless. There was something about them that bothered you immensely, but you couldn't put your finger on it.

The two boys behind you slept peacefully, save for the slight snoring coming from the taller one. You were lucky Yoongi wanted to sleep between you and Namjoon that night. Sitting up, you carefully pushed yourself off the bed not wanting to wake either one of them. You felt your toes hit the soft material of your slippers and slid your feet into them. You quietly shuffled across the room and out the door, set to head out to the backyard. The stairs creaked lightly as you walked down them, and you flinched. You hoped that that didn't disturb anyone. Eventually, you reached the back door. Unlocking the door and sliding it past you, you felt the cool night air brush against your skin. It sent a small shiver down your back. Though it was slowly getting warmer during the day, the nighttime was still cool enough that you needed a light cover over your body. You quickly searched for the nearest thing you could wrap around you, finding a small blanket on the nearest couch.

The second you were outside, you could feel the built up tension leave your body, even if only for a moment. Your eyes scanned the scene, opting to head to the gazebo. You sat on one of the benches and let your mind wander.

Too many things were not making sense to you. Though, there was one thing that connected everyone's experiences. The explosions. There had to be something there. Was it a specific company? Targeted buildings? You weren't sure. Seokjin spoke of a company that took a big hit from all of this, but would that have been who caused this mess? Shaking your head, you sighed. This is why you couldn't fall asleep, too much information, not enough connections. Your group was stuck. No matter how much you talked or debated, you couldn't come to a conclusion.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?"

You jumped in your seat, a hand placed against your chest as you breathed heavily. The sudden break of the silence startled you. In the faint moonlight, you could make out the person standing just outside of the gazebo. Hoseok's face showed a look of concern. He slowly stepped towards you, gazing at you with creased brows.

"You doing okay?" He asked.

You sighed, nodding your head.

"Yeah, just thinking. What are you doing up?"

Hoseok sat next to you, his hand settling against your thigh. The warmth of his hand helped you fight the crisp breeze making its way past you. He hummed quietly.

"Couldn't sleep. Thought I'd get some fresh air, see if that'd help."

His thumb absentmindedly brushed against the fabric of your sweats as he spoke. The tone of his voice sounded a bit off, making you aware that he wasn't telling you the whole truth. Though, you didn't bother asking him about it knowing that he'd eventually tell you what was on his mind. For several minutes, the two of you sat peacefully in silence. It was refreshing. You couldn't remember the last time you and Hoseok spent time like this together. You leaned over to rest your head against his shoulder.

"Do you think that this wasn't supposed to happen?"

Hoseok didn't answer your question right away. Instead, he leaned his own head against yours, moving his hand from your thigh to wrap it around your waist.

"Honestly?" He paused. "I don't know. I mean, none of this seems real. But at the same time, it's gone on too long to be a dream. You know? Like, what was the end game if this isn't it?"

You hummed.

"Hobi, I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?" Hoseok questioned.