18 - Suprise!

The sun set on the smoke ridden city. The quietness of the place was disturbing as you remembered how lively it had been when you first saw the inside of the walls. You weren't quite sure what had happened to cause this much damage, but you were glad that you had made it out in one piece along with all of your boys.

You had stayed, camped in the trucks watching as the capital fell to pieces. The terrorized screams from the people inside had caught the attention of any nearby biter. Large hoards came rushing through the gate, surprisingly too much for the military to handle, breaking through to the other side to wreak further havoc. The eight of you sat still in the vehicles. There were too many that had passed you by, that you decided to wait until there were only a couple of stragglers. You kept your bodies low to lessen the chance of them noticing you.

As the light faded into darkness, the silence settled more. The only things that could be heard in the truck were the breaths coming from the four of you, Yoongi's light kisses against the back of your neck as the two of you laid in the backseats, and the occasional faint growling from a biter hidden somewhere among the trees. Your eyes slowly adjusted to the moonless scene as you sat up.

"I think we can leave now," you spoke quietly. "Signal the others."

Namjoon picked up the flashlight sitting beside him and pointed it in the direction of the other vehicle. One. Two. Three. He flashed the light in slow beats, letting the others know it was time to head out. You weren't too worried about the biters at this point as the night had completely taken over the country. Of course, without the moon, it would be a little harder than normal to find your way home, but you trusted Namjoon to keep you from driving into a river or ditch.

Carefully turning the ignition on, Namjoon pulled out of your hiding spot. He waited a moment for Jimin to pull up behind him before taking off, leaving the dying city behind you.

***

You wiped the slight sweat from your forehead. Though it was a cool day, the sun beat down on you and Seokjin as you planted the garden. Sprinkling a couple of cucumber seeds into the newly made hole, you patted the soil over them. You glanced over to Seokjin, your eyes catching the sight of his bandages. As he dug his own holes, your mind drifted.

It had been a few days since Seoul. Of course, everyone was worked up about the new information you had received, but none of you had spoken about it. There was never a time that felt right talking about what you had witnessed. There had been too much to take in. Your jaw was still slightly sore from the grip the man had on you, and taking care of that was enough for you and your boyfriends to deal with. Though, it ate away at your thoughts the more you kept to yourself. Now that you had the opportunity to ask about it, you decided to take it. Taking a deep breath in, you stopped digging to look over at the man.

"Can I ask you something?"

Seokjin looked startled. He froze in his actions for a moment before catching your gaze. His eyebrow quirked, face settling into a curious look.

"Sure, what's up?" Seokjin queried.

"Who was that man?"

It took a moment for Seokjin to register what you had meant, having pushed the incident to the back of his mind. Quickly, his stare hardened. His eyes fixed on something past your shoulder as he thought back to before the apocalypse.

"A business associate. We had been working remotely with each other for a couple months, bouncing back and forth between ideas for a brand deal between our companies." He dropped his gaze, pulling off his gloves to rub at his face. "He had emailed me, explaining that he had a proposition for me. Though, he told me that it was very time sensitive. I was able to squeeze him in before another big meeting the day after. I was lucky enough to have a somewhat long lunch before the meeting, but you can guess what happened then."