Movie date

Jay's POV:

"Shit." I threw the joystick of my PS-5 onto the couch. I lost the game consecutively for the fifth time today. Every day is getting more and more irritating nowadays. Nothing goes the way I wanted it to and Amaira being the reason behind most of it.

All I wanted was a peaceful life in this one year. I was careful to not even think about her as she belonged to someone else. I didn't want to talk to her, fearing if I would get in the middle of her love unknowingly. I tried maintaining a distance so that she can meet with him without feeling guilty. But she and my mom made me talk with her which I didn't welcome. I'm concerned if this continues, things wouldn't be as smooth as it is now. Everything is better when she remains a stranger to me.

I was so resolved not to bother about her whereabouts that I didn't even question when she slept out, three days after our marriage. I gave her the freedom to go visit him. So it is ethical that I kept my promises. I honestly wanted to know where she went, when she didn't come home for three days straight. But I assumed she would have missed him badly and gone to him. I wondered if she would come back at all.

After that whenever I saw her, I had a nagging feeling inside my mind that she is another man's woman. So even talking to her made me feel guilty. I decided that I'll restrain myself, only to answer the questions she asks and not to involve any further.

My mom is the biggest concern I've now. I can't blame her, for she has many dreams about my life. She will be hurt when she comes to know about the truth. However the sooner, the better. She might lose trust in me if she gets to know that I had kept her in the dark. So the next time I get to speak to her, I'll have to tell her all the truths about my marriage life.

From yesterday I'm pondering over what to do with the movie tickets my mother gave us. We certainly can't go together. If her lover comes to know about it, then I'm done. I decided to give it to her so that they both can go. The show starts at 7 in the evening and it is already six now. I don't know Amaira's time of return from the office as she comes home before I do. Only if I go home now, I can give it to her right on time. Hoping she would have returned, I went home earlier than usual.

I entered my house and looked around for her. She came out of my game room much to my surprise. What was she doing in there? She had a dog in her hand and I suppose she would have followed behind it. I didn't know she was serious when she told me she wanted to buy a dog immediately. To be frank I even thought once, if she had asked that just to start a conversation with me.

"Amaira?" I called for her.

"Yeah!" She said noticing me.

"You can take the movie tickets my mom gave. "

"Huh?" She looked baffled.

"You can go on a date with your lover. I don't mind."

She looked at me with disbelief. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it back.

"Yeah sure. Thank you." She told. Maybe she felt shy to accept it at once.

I nodded my head and walked to my room. I took out my casual wear and headed to the restroom.

' Should I have congratulated her for getting a new dog?' I thought while washing my face.

'It's okay. That wasn't necessary.' I satisfied myself.

I'm designing a new game and half of its work has already been completed. I'm planning to complete it by tomorrow and launch it by the end of the month. I went to my game room to continue with it.

I switched on my computer and clicked on my half done game. It opened and the next second the screen went black. I clicked on the mouse repeatedly and there was no improvement. After some time it came back to the homepage. I clicked on it once again but couldn't. My computer hanged and didn't work at all.