Meeting with Ex?

Amaira's POV:

My face tightened on seeing the name Arav. I looked down at Jay to find him already seeing the screen of my mobile. For a second I thought I was dreaming. What made him call nearly five months later? I turned anxious and my body reciprocated the feeling. I could feel my heart beat through my veins and my palms turned sweaty. My brain went blank and I'm not sure how to behave in a situation like this. Should I take the call? Or should I cut the call?

If I take it, it might be indecent. If I don't, it might be like I'm hiding something from Jay. Moreover, I don't have any personal opinion on it. I'm neither craving to speak with him nor have a problem speaking to him. But deep down, I was a bit curious about the reason behind his phone call. My phone stopped ringing and the screen turned black.

I got up from the couch and Jay copied my action. I tried to put up a confident face as I was not caught cheating on him. A moment of silence prevailed before my phone started ringing again. I had still not decided whether to pick up or disconnect the phone call.

"Pick up the call." Jay ordered. I looked at his face to see if he really meant it. It looked more or less nonchalant in my perspective. The ringtone of my phone which I loved while keeping it, seemed so annoying at this point. The constant ringing made it too difficult for me to make any judgements. I picked up the call wanting to end the blaring noise.

"Hello." I told annoyed.

"Amairaaa." Arav's voice was gentle and feeble.

I was at a loss for a response. He is the one who called so he is the one who should speak. I waited patiently for him to speak further.

"Hello? Are you there?" He broke the silence after a few seconds.

"Hmm." I mumbled.

"How are you?" He asked.

I turned my head towards Jay and he was already looking at me. I felt very much awkward in that situation. Speaking rudely and blocking Arav could be a better thing to do. But somehow I felt scared and bad to shout at him. Speaking to him normally, would look terrible and it will lead to losing Jay's trust in me.

Agh! Before that, I don't know if Jay would care about that. I forgot that we were not a normal couple like others. So thinking like one, wouldn't be suitable. I've to think from my side and not from Jay's because I don't know about his opinions and feelings. I decided to do whatever I felt the right thing to do.

"Why did you call?" I asked without answering his previous question.

"Amaira, I want to speak with you. Can you meet me later somewhere ?" He said.

I wasn't expecting him to ask that so I was dumbfounded at the question. Will it be appropriate to meet with him after marrying someone else? But what is that he has to tell me? I don't know why this situation became so bad right now. If I think about it calmly, Arav dumped me and went abroad. Jay married me but not with the thought of living with me forever. Jay told me to go back to Arav after living with him as his wife for a year. Again, whenever I think about this, it infuriates me. So practically, I don't want Arav and Jay doesn't want me. If I end things with Arav right now and Jay ends things with me after seven months, I'll become stranded and single.

I don't hate Arav but at the same time, I don't think I have any feelings left for him. Moreover, I have a feeling that I'm falling for Jay little by little. I'm still not confident and courageous enough to develop feelings for him as I'm scared that I might be just a passing cloud in Jay's life. I can't begin a love knowing it could turn out to be an unrequited love. I've to know my place and according to it.