The leader

Heavy bass music boomed through the halls, ricocheting off the pesky walls and billowing on until it reached the wooden main door, forthwith meeting with an abrupt soundproof silence.  

The Jeon's mafia was bustling with life, preparing for a grand celebration in the name of their newest victory.

The main five were the busiest, owning claims as the hosts even though Jungkook kept telling them there was no need for a party. It was his job afterall! But for his dear hyungs, anything that Jungkook accomplished mattered a lot. And this recent deal? As Namjoon quoted, was nothing short of a miracle, like a whole ass ship sailing in to save the drowning anthill.

And so the word got out, and the poppers flew in, re-establishing the fact that the Jeon's knew how to party. It was arranged in a top notch neighborhood in L.A, in a single unit basement the mafia usually used to store their Atlantic stock.

Yoongi honed in with the security arrangements, taking extra care to make sure everything was in place. They couldn't afford a leak when there was always potential danger lurking around for the likes of them.

Therefore the guests were limited only to Jungkook's own men - his family that he'd grown up with, the people he had trusted the most.

Jimin and Namjoon were taking care of the eatables (if classic smuggled booze and light drugs could be considered so) while Seokjin stayed with Taehyung and Hoseok, merrily enjoying the little moments of no worry.

Seokjin tipped in his third glass of pink martini, oblivious to the groan and little giggles that erupted in the background.

"Hyung, can you atleast let the party begin?" Hosoek made his classic judgemental face causing Taehyung to giggle out louder.

The older removed the glass and smacked his lips together, sighing in pure contentment, "Ever heard of pre drinking hobi?"

"That's done when we're planning to dine out or hit the club hyung, not when we still have a toast to raise!" Hobi sighed in exasperation.

"Toast? What toast??" The older blonde slurred, looking between the youngers in confusion.

"A toast to Jungkook ofcourse! Did you forget the party was for him? Hyung!" Hoseok slapped his forehead, having had enough of his drunk elder brother already.

"Hyungie, i think you need a break," Taehyung offered sweetly, going about his shoulder to support him,"need me to take you to the couches?"

Seokjin wobbled on his feet before leaning onto the younger, who then began taking careful steps down to the main party floor.

"Damn Tae," he slurred again, raking his eyes over Taehyung's body, "You look hot."

The said boy blushed a deep shade of red, eyes unable to look up as he continued their gait downstairs.

It was obvious how Taehyung had put in a greater effort to dress up that evening, even going up to the extent of re-dying his hair into a striking cobalt blue, matching it with a blue printed jacket over a white tee and some black ripped denims. His glasses were replaced by a pair of blue contacts that he wore for the first time ever, albeit with Seokjin's undeniable help that is.

For others it was a makeover that made him look good but for Taehyung it was only a part of his mission.

"Rightt?? I mean yeah we've been seeing him for only a few weeks but he looks different tonight, doesnt he?" Hoseok added teasingly, nudging the boy until he broke into a shy boxy smile.

"Stop it hyung!" Taehyung whined as they finally reached the ground floor and began shoving through the drunk or high men to get to the couches.

With that tall crowd towering over him, Taehyung still looked like a small pup walking into a sea of wild animals. But did he care? Not really. He was here for one person and he couldn't wait to see him already.