Chapter 27

I think this is my longest chapter👏🏽👏🏽

Chapter 27

"Deacon I feel like this is a terrible idea." I hollered. I was slowly making my way down the stairs with my suitcase, hitting every stair along the way.

"I think it's a great idea." He came down the stairs quickly lifting the suit case out of my hand and carrying both of them out to the car.

"You sure? I feel like the honeymoon is something we take after the ceremony." I stood back while he closed the trunk after putting our luggage in.

He turned to me and smiled, holding my face in his hands. I couldn't help but smile back. "This is a small weekend get away. Our honeymoon will be out of country, far away from work and school. Just us." He leaned in, slowly backing me up until I was pressed to the car. I smiled up at him.

"shouldn't we be planning a wedding, picking out a college, maybe fixing things with my family?" I dodged his kiss. He chuckled.

"That's exactly why I think we need a weekend off. We've barley had time together, just us. It's just a short weekend. Then we can come back and do some damage control." He convinced me. I stood on my tip toes and gave him a small kiss. His smile grew as he gazed down at me.

I heard a car rolling into the drive way and immediately turned in Deacons grip. He let out a gruff sigh.

"Or we can do damage control now." He mumbled. Thats when I saw Rachel's car pull to a stop behind mine. Deacon backed away from me as my attention was fully on the car in front of me.

Rachel opened the divers door, she looked a lot better than when I saw her last. Her hair was still a dull brown, her oversized grey sweatshirt and black shorts seemed to match her emotion.

"Jesus Ell, have you completely stopped eating?" Her eyes widened slightly at me. I looked down at myself, I knew I had probably lost a pound or two due to stress, but I didn't think it was noticeable. Then again the dress I was wearing used to fit me snug around the waist.

But she was one to talk, I could easily see her collarbone and boney knees. I ran up to her and hugged her, she immediately hugged me back.

"What's happened to us." She chuckled a sadly. I let out a small chuckle and kept her close as I pulled away. She glanced behind me and made eye contact with Deacon, it wasn't completely friendly which caused him to make his way inside.

"I'm so sorry, I had no idea." I apologized to her. She shook her head.

"It wasn't your fault. I blamed you at first but you were just as much a victim as I was." She admitted. This time I shook my head.

"No Rachel, I wasn't." I whispered a response. My gut tied in knots thinking about my kiss with Sam. I had to tell her.

I pulled her to the front steps to take a seat. She was completely quiet while I told her everything. Not a word came out of her, which in turn cause me to over share every detail. When I was done she took a moment and rubbed her eyes in exhaustion.

I took her hand in mine and was going to apologize over and over, but she pulled away from me.

"This was the first day I felt good enough to leave the house, and now I'm starting to think it was a mistake." She spoke bitterly, while rolling on the balls of her feet and balling her sweatshirt sleeves into their hands. She looked antsy rather than mad. As if she were trying not to be angry with me.

"I can feel myself caring less and less, but that hurt Ellis. Not just the part where you... kissed." She paused and turned away as if she wanted to puke at the thought. I put my head down in shame.