Chapter 13

^^Okay so, play this song. It gets me so in my feels💕^^

Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 13

I watched as he laid his jacket on the back of the couch, and pulled at the sleek fabric of his pants before taking a seat. That simple movement had me weak at the knees. There was something about seeing Deacon, a large man with tattoos covering his hands wearing such a nice suit.

"I'm glad you came by." His deep voice calmed my racing heart. I gave him a small smile before taking a seat a couple of feet away. I didn't trust myself being too close.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted anything. I honestly could have waited." I spoke while fiddling with my fingernails. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Deacon scooting closed to me. My body tensed at his action.

"No, I've been wanting to talk to you too." He said, ducking his head low in an attempt to catch my gaze. I felt like a shy little girl around Deacon. Something as simple as eye contact had me blushing.

"I'm so sorry Ellis. My wolf has been waiting a while for you, and when I let him surface he wanted nothing more than to make you ours." He shook his head and buried his face into his hands. It was odd hearing Deacon refer to himself as two beings.

I watched as he was internally beating himself up for almost hurting me. Instead of responding to his apology I moved closer to him and leaned into his side. I was surprised at my action. I felt him tense up at my movement, probably shocked that a part of me still wanted to be near him.

"Sam said you just have to get used to me." I whispered absentmindedly. He sat up straight and snaked his large arms around my waist, pulling me to his lap. I let him nuzzle his face into my neck. His facial hair tickled the sensitive skin behind my ear.

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to you." He murmured into my hair. I closed my eyes and leaned into him, wrapping my arms around his neck. My body fit so perfect in his lap.

Deacon lifted me and adjusted me on his lap as he laid back into the couch. I rested my head on his chest, he kept his arm tightly wrapped around my waist, while the other one brushed my stray hair behind my ear.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" He whispered. I felt so content and happy in this moment. I didn't want to ruin it with my negative thoughts.

"I just wanna stay like this in silence for a while." I tiredly replied. I could hear the smile tugging at his lips as he placed a small kiss on the top of my head, and continued to play with my hair.

I woke to a sudden rush of cold air. Snapping my eyes open to a dark room, my heart began to race. "Shh, you're okay. You fell asleep." I heard Deacon's low whisper.

Instantly I relaxed knowing he was near. He pulled the cream colored sheets over my body. He stood up after he had tucked me in but I grabbed his big hand, stopping him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him. My eyes were slowly getting used to the dark space. I could make out the perfect outlines of Deacon's face.

"I'm going to bed Ell, it's late." He sat on the edge of the bed, taking my hand into his two large ones. I felt his calloused fingers running up and down my wrist. Hot tingles trailed after his subtle action.

"I should go then." I responded while attempting to sit up. "No you're staying the night. It's too late for you to be driving home. You're tired, you need rest." He interrupted. I wanted to tell him that he couldn't make me stay here, or prevent me from going home, but I didn't have the energy to fight him.