Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I woke to hot sparks grazing my cheek. A sleepy smile tugged at my lips before I opened my tired eyes. My smile widened as I saw the familiar enchanting brown eyes gazing back at me.

"Good morning." his deep whisper gave me butterflies. I was so taken back at how incredibly handsome he was, even in his tired state. His dark hair was messy, a few strands fell over his forehead. His tanned high cheekbones accented his piecing brown eyes. The shadow of his stubble covered half his face, but drew attention to his soft pink lips.

"Good morning." I responded. I could feel my heart starting to pound. I pulled my gaze from his as it was getting to be too much for me.

"Do I make you nervous?" his voice was softer than usual. I stared up at the ceiling, contemplating on lying to him, but my racing heart had already given me away.

"Kind of." I whispered, letting my eyes fall back on his. He didn't smile but I could tell he wanted to, by the way his eyes glimmered.

He lifted his arm and grabbed my hand, placing it on his chest. His warmth was easily felt through the thin material of his shirt. It was still and silent for a moment before I felt his heartbeat. It was poinding against his chest, just as hard as mine was.

I made him nervous. I didn't realize that I could affect Deacon like this. I left my hand on his strong chest, enjoying the contentment his touch gave me.

"What are you doing today?" he asked. I jumped up out of my trance, realizing that today was my first day of work.

"Oh my God, what time is it?" I scrambled out of the warm bed in search of my clothes. Deacon sat up abruptly.

"Half-past six, what's going on?" he asked while standing from the bed. I took a breath of relief. I had time to get ready and still be on time.

"Today is my first day of work." I replied, grabbing my clothing from the bathroom. He gave me a questioning look.

"Work? Where?" I cringed at his low tone. His sweet morning voice was something I could get used to, but not this.

"I got a job yesterday at this payment processing company." I told him before shutting myself in the bathroom to change.

I was about to take off Deacons shirt when the door opened suddenly. I jumped and pulled the shirt back down. "Deacon!" I shouted, clutching my heart from my mini heart attack.

"What payment processing company? And where?" he proceeded to hound me. I huffed at his controlling behavior.

"Alcast. It's just outside of town, or would you prefer an address?" I sarcastically replied. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I would like an address." his response was very serious. Was he joking? I walked out of the bathroom with my clothes in hand.

"This is why I wanted to talk with you last night. You're pushing boundaries Deacon. You're stomping on my personal life. You don't get to demand information. Talk to me like I'm a person, ask me questions organically. Don't have me followed, and get angry when you don't know everything all of the time!" this was the second time I've raised my voice at him.

I noticed his grip tighten around the bathroom doorknob while he stared me down. I wanted to back down from his powerful aura, but I couldn't let him continue treating me like this.

"You are mine. You belong with me. It is my right to know about your every move Ellis. I have already given you more space than most would in my position." he growled, taking a step closer with every word. I stood my ground while his eyes darkened.