Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I slid my hand behind Deacon's neck and played with the soft hair on the back of his head. His chest rumbled in approval. My body was buzzing with fulfillment, I knew being away from him after this encounter would be difficult. I didn't want this wonderful moment to end.

I closed my eyes to take in this time the best I could. A loud knock shook me from my trance. Deacon pulled me tighter to his chest as he looked to see who was knocking at the window. I pried my body from his grasp to see who was knocking.

A tall man stood outside the car, turning his head as if trying to give us privacy. His stature was almost the same as Deacons. He had black hair and light fair skin.

Deacon seemed to know the man outside the car as he let out a frustrated sigh. I awkwardly climbed out of Deacon's lap back into the driver's seat, tugging my dress down.

"I have to go." Deacon whispered. I nodded, avoiding eye contact. Something about what Deacon and I had just done left me feeling guilty. Yet my body wanted more of him.

I felt Deacon softly grab my chin forcing me to look at him. His eyes were more relaxed, a small smile pulled at his lips as he took in my ashamed expression.

"There's so much I want to tell you little one." his husky voice made my body vibrate. "Then tell me." I pleaded. His smile widened as he leaned towards me and placed a delicate kiss on my forehead. "In time." he whispered against my skin. I lifted my head and pressed my lips to his, feeling the familiar tingles dance across my skin.

"Go straight home." he ordered as he pulled away from me and opened the car door, briefly nodding in the direction of the strange man still standing outside the car. Deacon gave me one last long look before I put the car in drive.

As I drove home by body began to burn where Deacon had touched me. My lips were warm and tingly, along with my cheeks, arms and thighs; everywhere Deacon made contact.

Is this what a crush felt like? Cassidy never explained how intense the feelings we're. The further I drove away from Deacon the more sick I felt, the tighter the knot got in my stomach.

I went straight home like Deacon said. I took a shower and slipped Deacons Sweater back over my head before crawling into bed. Sleep was a struggle as my mind kept wandering to my kiss in the car. But eventually exhaustion overtook me, as Deacon's scent caressed my body.

I awoke the next morning to my parents getting ready for work. I slowly made my way downstairs eager for a cup of coffee. I made my way to the pot, sleepily grabbing a mug from the cupboard. "Your mother just drank the last of it." I heard my dad chirp from behind his newspaper. I groaned and put my mug back.

"Hey, did you see that car outside?" dad questioned finally putting down his paper and making eye contact with me. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. He wasn't going to like that a much older stranger gifted me something so extravagant.

"Um... I think I need to talk to you guys about that." I confided, sitting next to him at the dining table. "Talk to us about what?" my mom interrupted, grabbing her purse and keys from the hook. This would be the perfect time to tell them about my feelings for Deacon and how he may have felt the same, and about the extremely expensive vehicle parked out front. They could get mad, but then they'd have to go to work and cool off before having our more serious conversation.

I took a deep breath; I knew my feelings for someone like Deacon were wrong and unreasonable. There is no conventional future between Deacon and I. But my feelings were too strong to push away.

"Deacon came by last night. He gave me the car for my birthday." I didn't bother trying to fluff the situation with reassurances. My mom about choked on her coffee.