Chapter 29

"You're done working there." Deacon stated firmly. I nodded in understanding. Anything that had to do with Audenzia was most likely a ploy.

"She seemed so genuine." I whispered. Deacon gave me a saddened expression.

"Many people will want you dead Ellis." He spoke while tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Does every Luna have to assume everyone wants to kill her?" I asked.

"Not every Luna, but you do." His tone was very serious.

"Why?" I asked. He stood up from the bed and paced, ignoring my question.

"You were recommended to Alcast. Alistair and Audenzia claimed to be good friends with the owners correct?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Where's your work computer?" He eagerly opened my suit case.

"In the sleeve." I directed him. He pulled out my computer and opened it. I watched from afar as he typed away scrolling and clicking.

"Fuck." Deacon closed the computer and ran a hand down his creased brows.

"Fuck fuck fuck." He ran his hands through his hair before his eyes burned bright yellow. I jumped from the bed and pulled a blanket from the window seal, covering myself.

"Deacon." I tried calming him. I could tell he was trying to calm his breathing to avoid a shift.

"You've worked from home, you've worked from my office. Their computer has been connected to all of my servers." His chest was rising and falling at an alarming rate.

"What does that mean?" He ignored my question, taking a moment to himself. I watched while he pulled on a shirt and quickly picked up his phone dialing a number and pressing it to his ear.

"We have a security breach, I need you to move all pack files." He spoke urgently. Watching Deacon this stressed frightened me.

"I need all alphas in a meeting, yes now!" He raised his voice. Sliding his phone in his pocket he came to me, picking me up. I wrapped my legs around him and linked my arms around his neck. I wanted nothing more than to comfort him and make everything okay again.

"I have to go figure some things out." He whispered into my neck. I nodded and held him tighter. I felt him pull the blanket over my exposed shoulder and squeeze my body to his.

"You need rest." He went to lay me down but I latched onto him tighter. He sighed and sat down to the bed.

"Did I fuck up?" I asked him, with my face still buried in his warmth.

"No, you didn't know. I should have been more diligent..." He leaned back to look me in the eyes, pulling at my chin.

"And watch your language." He lowered his tone. He was very much a hypocrite but I didn't fight him. I gave him a sad smile and nodded. He wasn't quite ready to tell me what was going on. And usually I would have been upset about it, but I let him tuck me in.

He took a couple minutes putting his hands through my hair and letting his rough fingers run along my soft skin. He knew I wouldn't be able to sleep without him, he intended on putting me to sleep before he left to deal with this mess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ellis." I heard a soft whisper. I squirmed in the comfortable bed, still half asleep.

"It's time to wake up little one." I recognized Deacons sweet soft voice. He could be so soft sometimes, and it never ceased to surprise me.

I rolled over to face him and let out a sleepy groan. I didn't remember falling asleep but I was glad I did before he left the room.