Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I slowly sauntered around the beautiful echoing room. The marble floors greeted my heels with a satisfying click in every step. I barely recognized the place now from when I first stepped foot in here, when dust and webs covered most corners and windows. The team really did know how to pull an event together. Bulbs were replaced with new ones, pillars have been re painted, and every crystal on every chandelier was polished to perfection.

Seeing everyone busy moving tables and carrying vases much larger than myself made me me feel like an outsider at my own event.

I never saw myself having a wedding of such class and elegance. I folded my arms and gazed up at the arched ceiling. I didn't love the idea of having my wedding here in this massive  building but Gracie informed me that this building was a part of Deacons history, the packs history. His father wed his mother in this very room.

Which is why I was hoping Deacon didn't get upset that I've moved the actual ceremony to the large garden out back. Having a wedding outside felt more me.

I smiled and thanked the many people helping set up the massive event while I walked through the french glass doors and down the cement steps to the garden.

Many different kinds of trees and plants took up most the garden, it looked natural in the most beautiful way.

"You chose a wonderful place for the ceremony." I heard a delicate voice behind me. I turned to see Lydia, someone I have yet to formally meet. I've seen her through my bedroom window when she comes and goes but she never seemed to be around when I was roaming the house.

Her hair was dark and long, she looked older but had very young eyes. I smiled and stood back giving the garden one more look.

"Thank you, I was surprised to see these plants thriving together, most shouldn't be able to grow in this region." I glanced over at her to see her smiling at me.

"It's nice to see someone has finally admired my work." Her smile grew. My eyes widened, of course this majestic garden was her doing. It seemed impossible for an almost abandoned building to hold such a flourishing outdoor space.

"You did this?" I looked back at the greenery and tried smelling the air, seeing if her magic green thumb had a different scent than most.

"I did. Well I still do." She laughed. Even her laugh sounded warm and comforting.

"It's beautiful." I complimented her. She gave me a nod and walked down the path next to me, the path were I'd walk to Deacon just two days from now.

"It's very green right now, but if you'd like I can bloom the trees the night of the ceremony?" She offered. I stopped walking and looked around at all the jacarandas, wisterias, and the cherry's. Picturing them in full bloom. So many colors mixed into all the white and silver themes that Gracie kept persisting on.

"Absolutely, that would be amazing." I sounded more excited than I wanted. She nodded and continued walking. I followed her and we watched while others set up chairs and hung white silk over the branches that parted perfectly where I would take Deacon as my full mate.

"I came by to apologize. I never wanted to hurt anyone with my magic. Deacon is like a son to me and I just wanted him to have his happy ever after. He's been waiting a while." She interrupted our silence. I shook my head at her.

"I was never upset with you Lydia. And I understand now. Wolfs will do anything to get what they want." I joked. She gave me a sad smile, and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I too dislike the way Lycans handle things with force. But out of all creatures on this earth, human and not... Lycans seem to have the ability to love the most." I let her words sink into my heart. She felt so pure to talk to, like talking to an angel.