(2)

the alternate story of Kelca and Royce <3 part 2

K E L C A  P O V

when I wake up he was still under me, his chest slowly rising and falling. But I sat up, putting my knees to my chest and looking at the floor.

"Kel-"

"I want you to leave." I mumble.

Because I did...

I wanted to see him last night and know he was okay, and feel better for a few hours... but now I want him gone...

I don't ever want to look at him.

I don't want to speak to him or for him to see my face, because that's so... embarrassing.

He saw my entire body and he knew everything about me and he...

He still chose her.

"Before I go I need to tell you-"

"Tell Angie to tell me." I say, not moving an inch of my body.

He sits there for a second, staring at the back of my head, before standing up and going to the door. He twists it, but turns to look at me.

"I love you, sweetheart.." He says again, but I don't say anything back.

I love you too... but... I can't do this anymore.

I can't keep pretending like my love means something to him. Like I mean something to him..

Because I don't think I do...

His actions speak louder than his words and when put into a list of good and bad actions he's done... I don't like the answer.

Because he's done some good.

He...
-let me stay with him
-made me happy... only when he chose he wanted me that day though... other times he pulled the same moves on Koa...
-he um... he did want I wanted, he gave me the summer you dream of.
-he was the sweetest person I've ever met, even despite his many flaws

But...
-he loved her.

I think the bad out ways the good...

And I don't think he even truly knows if he loves me... I think that everyday he chose to either live while he can and love me, or think smart and love her...

and that's not love.

That's just pain.

Angie knocks on the door, sitting on the edge of my bed. "I have good and bad news, Kelca."

I swallow, "Oh god... what is it?"

"Well... your mom found you a plane ticket, but it's in three days and that's the soonest flight they have."

I sigh, "but aren't I leaving today-?"

"That's the thing Kel... we know you didn't have anybody else here but when I went to wake up up this morning Royce volunteered to let you stay-"

"No." I say sternly, "I can find somebody else-"

"No you can't, Kelca.. you don't have anybody else here-"

"Let me call my mom..." I mumble, wobbly standing up and walking over to the phone. I wasn't in too much pain, but my back ached from the cuts that caked it entirely.

It was a bit hard to breathe, but it wasn't too bad...

"Mama?" I ask as she picks up the phone quickly.