T H E L O V E R S

T H E  L O V E R S

SONG
-
DADDY ISSUES - THE NEIGHBORHOOD

A U G U S T  1 , 1 9 9 8

"Where are we?" I ask Royce lightly, his hands covering my eyes, "You will see in a second calm down!" He says, laughing a little.

"But I'm impatient!" I say, giggling a little.

"it makes you cuter don't worry." He says, I smile, biting my lip.

It's been a few days of me sleeping at Royce's, not talking to my parents. They wanted me gone since I was born, and if they leave that's ok, they know where I am.

Not like they'd care though...

"Okay!" Royce says, taking his fingers off of my eyes and smiling.

We stood in front of a dark purple, shiny truck parked in a random parking lot.

"Is this... your car?" I smiles, leaning in and kissing my neck.

"We're driving, sweetheart." He says with a small smirk, walking over to the passenger seat and opening the door for me. I get in, I haven't been in a car... ever. We own stores so we just steal from the stock, and we can't bring them with us from state to state so...

I look around, and watch as he gets in the driver seat, starts the car, and backs out with his hand on the back of my seat.

"Woah this is scary..." I mumble.

He laughs a little, "I love driving, I don't get to do it very often though.."

"And where are we gonna go, Jewwly?" I ask lightly as we drive down the empty roads and closer onto the other side of the island.

"Well... that's something for me to know, and for you to find out." He mumbles, grabbing my face and kissing me lightly.

I smile, leaning my head on his shoulder as he laughs. "God..." he mumbles and I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

He licks his lips as he turns onto a main road, seeing cars going back and forth. "I don't know.... I just never thought I would be so happy." He mumbles.

I laugh, and kiss his shoulder.

He slowly bites his lip, and moves his right hand to grab onto my thigh. His hand was large enough to take all of it between ring and thumb finger. I grab my hand onto his, slowly moving it up my leg so it in between my upper thighs.

And when I stop moving, he keeps moving, until I try to squeeze his hand in place with my thighs. "What are you doing?" I ask lightly, whispering it in his ear.

"Nothin..." he says, turning up the music a little bit and then slowly putting his hand back where it was. Daddy issues by the neighborhood played lightly in the background.

"Royce... if I say something will you promise not to hate me?" I ask.

He smiles, "I never could.."

"I think I..." I start, my heart beating harder and harder. I slowly move my head off his shoulder, placing my hand on top of his on my thigh.

I was gonna say I love him...

"Never mind.." I mumble.

"Oh come on tell me!" He says with a chuckle, turning onto the bridge. I shake my head, "I...." I start, replacing it with another thing, "Can I... Can I move in with you? I promise I'll get a job and I can pay rent and I don't have anything to move in I just- I just wanna be there with you..."