S W E E T H E A R T

S W E E T H E A R T

(I know this was set in 1998 when the consumption of weed/marijuana was illegal in the US, but since This is a completely made up place I decided that weed would be legal. Also—just a preface—Royce is not addicted to smoking or does he do it unsafely, he  just smokes weed for fun. It also doesn't change his personality a lot and he doesnt do enough to forget anything, it's just socially :). Also any other drug that isn't legal isn't good and I would never have one of my main characters who is supposed to be desirable do them. I personally don't do drugs and Royce doesn't push it on anybody either. Okay, just wanted to let you know that he wasn't unhealthy or abusive with drugs, you can go read now)

JUNE  1 9 9 8

"You really need to figure out this street, every single time I've seen you you just fall into my arms." I hear his almost soothing and cheery voice chuckle out.

I turn my head to him, immediately knowing how to react to the man I barely know.

"You can do it easily because you lived here! I think having at least made it through once was good enough on a beginner like me." I say with a laugh as his hand goes onto my lower back.

Our bodies are pushed together just right as he brings his other hand up and takes a drink of a blue raspberry slushee.

"Oh my gosh!" I say, surprised at the slushee bottle I will need later as he furrows his eyebrows towards me. I lied to my mom to get here, and I told her I'd get a slushee.... I could use his bottle...

I also notice a small blunt sits in between his first and middle finger, letting off a tiny bit of smoke.

Oh...

He smokes...

It doesn't leave a very heavy smell on him, and you can tell he's not very high, but I can tell one thing...

Fuck he's hot.

His blonde hair dangles over me, a necklace hanging down his chest holding two different keys at the end. One is a copper color, slightly used and rusted, and the second is silver, a little bit of dirt on it as well.

His purple eyes shine, almost looking black if not for the small amount of pink light hitting them at just the right spot, illuminating them and creating a small sparkle.

He slowly stands us up, looking me up and down before he grabs my hand and pulls us across the street. Nobody hits us. Nobody even notices as they stop for him.

He looks to me with a confused look, letting go of my wrist and walking backwards so that he can face me while he talks and we head towards the party.

"You know I kinda had to lie to my mom to get here... so I may or may not need you to hand me that bottle once you're done with it." I bargain and he laughs.

"Don't fuck with your parents, Kelca." He mumbles and I huff, "Well I don't do it regularly, but sometimes I get sick of strict parents and having no friends."

"Why are you even coming here? I thought you didn't know anybody here?" He asks and I shrug, "Well I have to

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and huffs, "Kelca..." he warns, taking a deep breath before looking at me, "You know... im gonna call you Kel."

"I'm fine with the name-" I start, but I realize I'm off track and fix it quickly after, "but I just... I don't want to be locked in my room my whole life and only leave to work, especially when the work is in the same building..." I say and he nods, lifting his blunt up and taking a hit of it and then taking a sip of slushee.