C H A N G E O F H E A R T

J U L Y  1 9 9 8

"Oh hun you don't have to play truth or dare to kiss me-" he starts, but I turn my head to stare at him in hurt. My eyes were glossy and my jaw had dropped.

He had just kissed me...

What did he mean?

Maybe it was a one time thing, huh? I mean he did say he didn't ever wanna know how I felt about him...

His face falls a little, his smile obliterated as he stares me deep in the eyes.

His eyes shone with a gleam that shows me that he wants to say something, but his lips don't move and his vocals don't ring in my ears.

He stays silent.

"Well then come kiss me, Royce." She says, smirking at him. Jack puts a look of pure disgust on his face, but I also had that look.

Royce stares at me for a second more, and in that time Koa continues her reign of terror over the apartment. "Just like the old days.." she giggles.

I sniff a little, looking at Royce with my jaw practically laying on the floor. My view gets covered in a visible sheen, I can tell from the way he stares at me for those few extra seconds that he sees it.

I don't know what's happening.

I've never been jealous over his hookups before. I've never been jealous of the girls he talked to or how he flirted with everybody, even my dad.

I turn away from him for once he tears his gaze away from me.

I'm sick of not being able to look away from him... I mean god I just couldn't stop looking at him.

He looked like he was truly sad.

But it was fine, just act normal. In two months it won't matter.

Which leads to the fact that It's already been a month!

And I fucking kissed him. Now if I mess up he can't leave my memories as quickly as possible, and I mess up a lot. Way too much...

Royce swallows, and thankfully, turns to the tv again.

"Oh wow I forgot about you and Koa's thing back in high school!" Jack jokes and Royce rolls his eyes. "I wouldn't call it a thing, Jack."

He sounded nervous.

"Uh huh," Koa starts, raising an eyebrow at him with a small smile. "You're acting like I didn't make you the man whore you are."

I furrow my eyebrows, and while preparing for the inevitable Royce slides his hand over the couch and and place his hand lightly on my thigh. It was kind of like him telling me he cared... or maybe he was just trying to keep me from running when I heard what they were.

I shake him off, kind of angry he didn't tell me this.. thing... earlier.

"I thought you guys didn't know each other very well?" I ask him, looking over at him with a clenched jaw.

I slowly slip off of his lap, walking over to Jack and sitting on his lap instead.

Royce's Eyes darken. His eyebrows furrow a little as he stares at me.

He gave me a look that just screamed, "What the HELL!?"

I raise an eyebrow, my jaw clenched. I wanted to here what they were.  He quickly turns over to Koa.

SMILE ✔︎On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara