11. Awkward Encounter

A few months later~
(Yes, I know it's a rapid time jump, but it would've been boring if I put more in-between)

I started running to the cafe as I was rushing my butt off.

"Yah! Can't you get off of work earlier so you can make it on time without having to run?" Dahyun scolded me as I sighed.

"I can't do that, and you guys know it," I told them as they nodded.

"Hey, all of us were planning to go hang out on Saturday. Are you down, Y/n?" They asked as I thought about it for some time.

"I think I can go..." I answered as they seemed shocked.

"Y/n, who are you??? Making plans with us?" Chaeyoung's jaw dropped.

"Yah! What do you mean? I always make plans with you all." I smacked Chaeyoung's shoulder.

"Y/n the last time you went out with us was when we graduated high school." Tzuyu started laughing as I smacked her shoulder too.

"Oww!" Tzuyu pouted.

"You deserved it!" I giggled.

"What are you guys planning to do?" I asked while putting the washed cups away.

"We have no idea yet. Any suggestions?" Dahyun asked.

"We could go to the movies. I haven't been there in a while." I suggested.

"Sure, that sounds like fun!" Dahyun smiled.

"Let's watch a romance movie!!" Chaeyoung excitedly said as we all agreed.

"Y/n quick, someone is there!" Dahyun smacked my shoulder as I turned around and looked at the cash register.

"May I take your or-" I glanced up and saw Ms. Myoui.

"M-Ms. Myoui?!"

"Y/n?!"

We both said as it was completely awkward. I turned to my friends who were looking at me, surprised. I hope they don't misunderstand.

"Is it okay if I could talk to you?" Ms. Myoui asked as I turned my head towards her.

"Well, I just started my shift, but my break will be in 2 hours," I told her as she nodded. She seemed a bit disappointed.

Maybe what she has to say is important.

"I'll have an americano." Ms. Myoui said as I nodded and registered it onto the cashier.

"I-It'll be $2.30..." I nervously said as she gave me the cash, and I put it into the cashier.

"Your order will be ready shortly..." I told her as I gave her the receipt. I watched her as she sat.

"Who is that Y/n?" Dahyun whispered.

"Is that your girlfriend?!" Chaeyoung whispered also.

"Nah, this girl can't date anyone. She hasn't even liked anyone ever! I bet it isn't her girlfriend." Tzuyu said as I felt a bit offended.

"She is my boss at the company I work with," I told them as their jaw dropped.

"So, is she rich?!" Tzuyu asked, smirking.

"Really? That is your first question?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

"But, dang, she is so beautiful. Y/n, how do you manage to see that face every day? Honestly, if you don't want her, can I have her?" Chaeyoung asked me as I flicked her forehead.

"She's pretty, but I am too busy for romance right now," I told her as they all sighed.

"I'm scared though... What does she even want from me?.. I didn't tell her I had a job here." I told them as they seemed disappointed.

"You should've told her!" Dahyun face palmed herself.

"I know! But I didn't know if she'd hire me or not if she knew I had two jobs..." I sighed.

"Well, there is nothing you can do now other than wait for what she has to say," Chaeyoung said as her words were correct.

I continued working until my break time.

-

As I went on my break shift, I noticed Ms. Myoui still waiting for me at her table. Wow, did she not have anything else to do today?

I removed my apron and sat in front of her.

"So, what is it that you want to talk about?" I nervously asked her.

"Y/n, why do you have two jobs?" Ms. Myoui sipped on her coffee.

"I just needed some extra cash for my family," I responded.

"Are you the only one providing money for your family?" Ms. Myoui's eyebrows furrowed, she seemed genuinely worried.

"Yes, I am..." I awkwardly said as I couldn't bear to look at her.

"Isn't it tiring to work two jobs?" She suddenly asked.

"It is, but I can handle it."

"What if I propose a deal with you?" Ms. Myoui said.

"What is it?" I curiously asked. What is she up to?

"How about you quit working at this cafe and become my secretary? I will pay you double that you're earning working here." Ms. Myoui proposed as my jaw dropped.

"But, I am not even qualified for a secretary."

"I can teach you everything you need to know. Plus, I've been observing you. You are brilliant, and you learn things fast."

I needed the money, but I didn't want to stop work with my friends.

"If you're worried that you won't be able to work with your friends any longer. Don't be. You will work your normal time at the office, and the rest of the day is yours." Ms. Myoui pointed out.

Uhm... was she reading my mind? Actually, she must've noticed my friends staring at her.

But... I liked that idea... finally more time for myself and my friends.

"Hmm, okay. I will accept your offer." I told Ms. Myoui as she nodded.

"I hope to see you in the office, Secretary Kim." She suddenly said before standing up from her table and walking out.

What just happened?...

I walked over to my friends and explained everything. They were a bit upset, but they understood how helpful this would be. They agreed this was the best choice. They also decided that we should all hang out since I would have more free time.

The rest of the day, I finished up my work in the cafe and went home to rest with my sister and mom.