34. Too Late

It's been a few weeks since I saw Mina again after years. But, after seeing her again. I began to notice that she had been coming daily and ordering coffee from me.

She is only ever here when I am working the shift, and it has made it easier for me to talk to her, but it is also very conflicting as I wished she would've stopped coming by.

Then the door opened, it was Mina once again.

"Hello, welcome. May I take your order?" I smiled at Mina, trying to forget all the memories we had together.

"May I have one americano, please?" Mina spoke, and she seemed to have ordered the same thing every day.

But I have noticed she changed her hair and it looks very pretty on her. I shrugged off my thought, and before I could say the price, Mina handed me the card.

I took it, paid for her coffee, and handed back her card.

"Your order will be out shortly," I told her as she walked to the side to wait for her order.

Suddenly, Rosé walked out of her office and walked over to me as she placed her arm around my waist.

"Working hard, I see, cutie." She booped my nose with her finger as I caught myself smiling at her.

"Of course, I have to pay my bills one way or another." I chuckled.

"Are you saying that you are only dating me because I'm your manager?" Rosé suggested as she seemed offended.

"Of course not, babe! I am dating you because I like you!" I admitted as she smiled at me.

"You are too cute!" She suddenly kissed me. But, I couldn't help but think about the time when Mina kissed me.

Rosé let go of the kiss as she let go of my waist.

"I'll let you get back to work! Bye, see you later!" She sent me a blowing kiss before going back to her office.

Tzuyu placed the cup of coffee on the table as I walked over and called for Mina.

"The order for Mina is ready," I said out loud.

She used to use Ms. Myoui before, but then she started using her first name after a while, and I wondered why...

Mina seemed to frown, but I ignored it and handed her coffee.

"Have a nice day," I said to her. As I was about to leave, Mina suddenly said something.

"C-Can I talk to you?" She suddenly said as my eyes widened.

"Go ahead, talk to her. I'll take care of the cashier." Chaeyoung offered.

"Okay..." I walked outside the cafe as Mina followed behind me.

"Can you please make it quick? I need to get back to work." I told her as she was nervous.

"How are you doing?" She asked as I scoffed.

"If that is the only thing you are going to ask of me, then I am going to leave." I turned around as Mina held onto my hand, and I faced her.

"W-Wait... I have a question." Mina spoke again as I sighed.

"A-Are you dating that girl?" My eyes widened by her sudden question, why does she care?

"Yeah, what is it to you?" I frustratingly replied.

"How long have you been dating her?"

Why is she asking a personal question? I don't even talk to her anymore.

"For about a year."

"Do you love her?" She seemed nervous to hear my response.

"What is with that question?!" I angrily said.

"Please, answer me. Do you love her or not?" Mina was desperate as I gave in.

"Yes, I love her!" I angrily shouted at her.

But part of me knew it was not true. I knew I loved her more than Rosé. I couldn't love anyone else more than her. She's the only one who made me feel complete.

"I see..." Mina frowned and glanced at the floor.

"I was too late..." She seemed to muffle to herself the last part, but I heard it.

What did she mean by that? What does that even mean?

Mina turned around and walked back to her car. She didn't even say another word to me.

That was the last time I saw her as she stopped coming by the cafe.