57. Sneaking Out and Midnight Rendezvous'

Shizukana's P.O.V

Time dragged on sluggishly. It was almost suffocating. It was pretty ironic, though. I could bend time to my will, yet here I was, waiting and wishing for the seconds to pass faster.

Lady Shizune assured me it was all necessary, but to me, it was as useless as those scented tree things that give off a weird smell.

"If you want to get discharged, we need to make sure you are in tip-top condition." Lady Shizune spoke as the many doctors left the room. She was picking up several clipboards before handing them to Sakura. "Now it's done. Get some rest and we'll see you tomorrow." She said, leaving the room with Sakura in tow.

I nimbly nodded before looking towards the window. It was dark. Yes, they started in the morning, but it dragged on till night. So many tests. Tests I've never even heard of.

To be honest, the ridiculous number of tests were reassuring. It reassured me that, if the tests had positive results, I would be alright.

Letting out an enormous sigh of relief, I rubbed my eyes and felt myself slowly dozing off. Just as I was about to drift off, a series of knocks woke me up.

"Come in." I said, while rubbing my eyes. I looked at the visitor of nightfall. It was hinata

She had a shy smile on her face as she stepped into the room. "Hello, Shizukana." She greeted.

I smiled brightly as she walked towards me. "Hinata, what a pleasant surprise," I replied as she nodded.

"I was away on a mission." She informed. "I apologize for not visiting earlier." She said with a guilty expression.

"Oh, don't apologize." I gently scolded her. "It's not your fault. You have a responsibility to keep."

Hinata nodded. "Shino was admitted to the hospital." She said, making me widen my eyes in concern.

"Is he alright?" I asked immediately.

"The doctors told us it was chakra exhaustion and that he would be discharged in a few days," Hinata informed, making me sigh in relief but I still felt concerned.

"Which room is he in?" I asked, making Hinata subconsciously reply.

"Room 2-" She said before freezing. "Why?" She asked while narrowing her lavender coloured eyes.

"To visit him, of course," I answered. I watched as Hinata spluttered and turned a bright red. "Now, room 2 what?" I asked, nudging her to complete the room number.

"No, you're supposed to rest." She said, shaking her head. She nodded to herself, as if deciding. "He will not mind if you don't visit. You are injured too."

"But I'm fine," I whined. "Physical therapy is almost over and I can walk just fine. So it's on the second floor. If you don't tell me the exact room number, I can just try the rooms from 200 to 299." I gently threatened as I watched Hinata's innocent eyes widen.

"But you're injured." She tried to reason, but sighed when she realized I will not give up. "Alright, but we can't stay that long." She said, finally caving.

"Alright," I said as I slowly got out of bed and put on my slippers. With a determined gaze, I walked over to the chair and grabbed my overcoat and covered my shoulders before heading towards the door.

"Wait for me." I heard Hinata squeak from behind me.

Third Person's P.O.V.

Just as Shizukana and Hinata left the room, The Anbu wearing the wolf mask spoke. "Stay here. I'll follow."