Chapter 27: Festival of the Flames

Feeling the morning, Drago opens his eyes, wondering if this was all a dream. Suddenly looking around, realizing that this isn't his father's house, he is in a mansion. Everything is all real. Getting out of bed, he looked out into the window. Seeing Summercoast, his new home, he begins to wonder something.

"I hope Alex returns today so that I can ask him about this town," Drago thought.

Just as he finished his breakfast, Ms. Faye Lemon entered the dining room.

"Master Firejewel, Elder Celestina is here to see you," Faye announces.

Jumping from the table, Drago is excited to hear that Alex is here because he wishes to return to talk about his place.

"Please take me to him," Drago replies.

Entering the main lobby area, Drago sees Alex sitting on the couch, and he is Pyro. They're both happy to see him, seeing Alex standing up.

"Good morning, Drago. How was your first night sleeping in a new home?" Alex asks.

"It was amazing. I thought this was still just a dream," Drago answers.

"I understand that completely, but rest assure that this isn't a dream," Alex smiles.

Sitting down on the chair across from the couch, Drago, Pyro, and Alex enjoy a cup of tea. But Drago wants to break the ice and ask him the question he's been wanting to know.

"Um, Alex," Drago studders.

Drago is seeing him smiling.

"You want to ask me about the history of The Volcanic Summit and the town of Summercoast, am I right?" Alex asks with a teasing smile.

Drago's face is blushing like a rose, feeling a little bit embarrassed about his question.

"It's okay. I'll be more than happy to tell you what I can since I have taken a History and Geography class of Celestia," Alex says.

Taking sips of their Tea, Drago focuses his attention on Alex as he tells him the history of this place.

"The Volcanic Summit was once a place where fire dragons, they ruled this land, but they fade into the land giving it their magic to nourish it. Dragon Fields continue to nourish from the dragon's magic, and this land remains in the hottest places known to any magical creator. And lastly, Summercoast, resemble of Japan, this town is known for its hot springs bath. A nice little vacation spot, don't you think," Alex says.

Amazed about hearing that dragon once ruled this part, now their magic nourishes it, but Drago is wondering something about the town's folk and their attires.

"The town's folk, are they all magic users? And what is a deal about their attires?" Drago asks.

"Everyone here, some people have magic, and some don't, and a little head up. The magic they use here is Infernus magic," Alex answers.

"Infernus magic?" Drago asks.

"Fire magic," Alex replies.

"As for their clothes, got inspiration from Japanese kimonos and sandals, but since it's hot here. They wear outfits for going to beaches since there is a beach here as well," Alex adds.

Looking out through the window, Drago sees the beach, and suddenly he sees every decorating the town for something.

"What's going on outside?" Drago asks.

Looking outside the window, Alex sees what Drago is talking about, seeing the town getting ready.

"They're getting ready for the Festival of Flames," Alex says.