I can change

Tom's POV
It had been a few days now since I got back Y/n, everyone was happy that she was back and welcomed her back with open arms and kind words. Aurora was really happy that her mother was back to hold her and read bedtime stories for her. And of course I was more then happy to have her back into my life.

I can't even begin how much I missed her, all I can say is that I am absolutely over the moon that she is back.

Even though everyone is happy she's back Y/n is rather quiet and different. Normally she would have so much energy, she would laugh and smile almost everyday and every minute, she would be so positive over everything but since she's been back she is different. She doesn't talk to me or anyone that often, she has nightmares every night which will keep her awake for hours, she would be so tired to do anything fun, she barely smiles and rarely comes out of bed to eat or take care of herself.

It pains me to see her like This. We got Y/n back but it feels like we only got a shell of her back and that another part of her is gone, left behind or something. I think I'm not the only one who sees that she's changed, I think everyone knows it, but are scared to admit it just like me. We don't want to admit that she's changed cause we want to believe that what happened at the Malfoy Manor is in the past and that nothing changed after that but it Isn't like that.

And I don't blame Y/n for anything, she couldn't do anything to stop it. She was the one trapped in a dusty old dungeon, trying to live with barely enough food, old clothes with dried blood al over them, and being tortured for hours.

Y/n and I have barely talked about what happened in the Malfoy Manor cause she gets really stressed out and shuts me out, I only know what I saw when I walked in to save her, as for the rest I don't have a clue what had happened. Hermoine and Daphne tried to talk to her, Draco tried and Harry and Ron to but she didn't want to talk to anyone.

She spends time with Aurora to make sure she doesn't feel forgotten and she only feels loved, and when she is with her she is the old happy and positive Y/n but the second she isn't near Aurora she changes back to the numb, empty and quiet Y/n.

I hate to see her like this, and knowing that I don't know how to help her freaks me out. Normally Y/n would come to me when something was bothering her but even that stopped, well we do talk but anything other then what happened in the Manor.

I wish she would open up to me or anyone but she is a closed book. I never had trouble trying to read her and know what she's feeling but this time is was really hard. And again I don't blame her, she has been through so much stress and trauma.

*Knock knock*

"Come in" I said looking up from my book I was reading cause I was alone and bored in my dorm.

"Hey Tom, how are you?" asked Daphne who came in and shut the door behind her.

"I'm fine just tired I guess, You?" I asked placing my book on my nightstand and sat up straight throwing my legs of the bed and placing both my feet on the ground.

"I'm okay, I actually came here to see if Y/n was here" She said with hopefull eyes.

"I hate to disappoint you but Y/n is not here right now" I said looking at my hands remembering that Y/n left 3 hours ago to have some time alone and to think, at least that is what she told me.

"Oh well do you know where she is?" She asked eager to see her.

"I'm afraid I don't know where she is, she said that she needed some time alone" I said noticing that I felt kind of sad when I said that.

"Ah I see, She uses that excuse a lot lately, which I don't blame her for I mean she has gone through hell in that awful place, her mind must be all over the place" She said walking closer to me and sat besides me on my bed.