28: As Bad As You And I

A/N: So, this chapter and the next will be a good break from everything else. Enjoy! 

____________________________________________

"Well, then, thank you for informing, A-Sang. We can prepare... But come to think of it I don't think we have much left to prepare," Lan Xichen smiled.

Jiang Cheng nodded. "My men are ready to attack anytime!"

While Xichen smiled back proudly, Wuxian asked, "I've seen you training them for quite a while A-Cheng, did you know of this beforehand?"

Jiang Cheng shook his head. "My brilliant Advisor suggested it a long time back. Said that the Lius won't give up easily so it's best to keep everyone prepared."

"Jiang Baozhai is skilled," Lan Wangji nodded.

"She's my sister, of course she is!" Wei Wuxian beamed at his husband, nudging him flirtatiously before returning to the others — who were starting to forget the embarrassment of being around the couple and learning to enjoy it instead. "So, Nie-xiong, your people?"

"Xuanji and Xiyuan have been training them since their first days as Generals," Huaisang chuckled. "Two ruthless Generals, but my troops are absolutely ready for anything."

"And ours, gege?" Wei Wuxian asked Xichen, making them all smile at how he referred to the Lans as his.

"Cloud Recesses doesn't have troops. Lans receive enough training while learning," Xichen explained over his tea.

Nie Huaisang nodded. "True. The GusuLan Sect doesn't train their army, they have no army. But every last cultivator is beyond just an expert! We all know that!" Nie Huaisang grinned, nodding towards the Jades sitting opposite each other.

"That's for sure!" Wei Wuxian grinned as he hugged Lan Zhan's arm. Cuddling it close, he continued, "So which means we're all ready. Oh, wonder how the Jins are getting along..."

"DADDY!"

"My goodness, this Jin Ling has quite a long life," Nie Huaisang chuckled as he flapped his fan while turning around to see the juniors running towards them.

"How is it possible that you guys pop up every instant we mention you!" Wei Wuxian laughed as he abandoned his husband and ran to the door, opened his arms wide, and hugged all four juniors. "Little Rulan, we were just talking about your Jin Sect."

"Daddy's wondering if my people are prepared to fight? Readier than ever! Xiyi's training is good," Jin Ling smiled into his Daddy's robes.

"Wonderful! Wait how do you know–?"

"Xiyuan came to tell us everything," Sizhui answered.

"Senior Wei, did Sect Leader tell you the news?" Nie Xiyuan asked as the four let go.

Wei Wuxian nodded. "He did. Right after we got the message that Liwei left. Liwei went for this, right?"

"Yes, Senior Wei," Liwei nodded as the four children followed their senior to the table. Having bowed to the other four cultivators, they sat beside different people. Jin Ling and Jiang Liwei went to Jiang Cheng, Xiyuan sat with his Sect Leader and Sizhui sat with Zewu-Jun. None could sit with Senior Wei no matter how much they wished to because Hanguang-Jun had pulled Wei Wuxian back down onto his lap. So Jin Ling sat with his much-loved Jiujiu and the rest each sat with their sect leader.

"Xiyuan, good that you informed them," Huaisang nodded to him. "The four sects' greatest juniors. Good idea. And why, the Jin Sect's Leader himself," Nie Huaisang grinned as he waved his fan to Jin Ling.