33: Lone Tear

"A-Zhaaaaaaaan..." 

"Mn?"

"How much further?"

"A-Ying, we just passed Nanjing."

"And so? How much further?"

Lan Wangji stopped walking and counted off his fingers the towns they were to pass. "Gusu, Changzhou, Nanjing, Zhoukou, Xi'An, Zhongwei, then up the hill from Wuwei to Qilian Peak." 

"WHAT!" Wei Ying did a quick, rough calculation before gasping dramatically. "That's two thousand six hundred and thirty kilometres! We'll go somewhere else!" Wei Ying quickly rotated to the left to crash through the woods to whatever town was nearby. 

"Is A-Ying tired?"

"Hmmm," Wei Ying pouted, his eyes drooping with exhaustion. 

"That's why I asked A-Ying to let me carry you," his husband coldly replied, pulling him back by the collar. 

"A-Zhan, then you'll be tired! We'll rest somewhere for now, then detour to some closer place," Wei Ying suggested, tugging on the other's sleeve.

Lan Zhan shook his head. "Not possible. We need to go to Qilian. Peaceful, and many beasts. Wei Ying can heal well before the sceptre's ordeal." 

Wei Ying laughed feebly. "I can't believe I need to kill to heal. Deadly, aren't I?" 

"Mn," Lan Zhan nodded. 

"Wait what? You shouldn't be saying yes to that! A-ZHAN!" Wei Ying grabbed Lan Zhan's collar. Lan Zhan smirked and picked him up. "What are you doing? LET ME GO!" 

"A-Ying said let's rest."

"So? This isn't resting! You're walking!" 

Lan Zhan silently carried Wei Ying to the left of the road, deep into the depths of the forest nearby. 

Sleepy and high as he felt, Wei Ying suddenly decided to be a bit too cheeky. "Mr Pervert Glacier, are you aware that the man you have kidnapped is the mighty Yin Yue Xian's husband? If my darling husband finds out, he will slice you apart with his Bichen! And how inappropriate even of a captor to carry a man like this! Put me down, thief!" Wei Wuxian punched his fists against Lan Wangji's tough chest. 

"Won't." 

"Then taste the wrath of Bichen!" 

"Fine," the kidnapper grinned as he hurled Wei Ying onto the ground and straddled him. 

"Hey! Help! This pervert is about to ab- Mm! Excuse me? I'm the Xingguang Xian! Elder of the YunmengJiang sect! You can't bite my neck as you please, you cannibal!" 

"I can do what I like," Lan Zhan replied as he undid the belt and tossed away his captive's robes. 

"Oh yeah? Then it won't be just Bichen you'd be facing: Zidian- Ngh! S- Sandu- Ah! Oh God, A-Zhan, stop!" Wei Ying gripped Lan Zhan's hair. "S- Stop!" Though what he truly wished to shout was 'Faster, deeper'.

And this Lan Wangji knew well so he was amazed to hear the younger shouting to stop. "Why?" 

"We're in the middle of nowhere! What if people live here? What if a child or someone finds us? A-Zhan... Ah! Oi, are you even listening?" 

Lan Zhan looked up and smirked at his captive husband. 

"Goodness, look at you!" Wei Ying giggled as he wiped Lan Zhan's smiling mouth and drenched jaw. "Definitely not something a child should see," he wagged a finger. 

"What does A-Ying suggest?" 

"We'll go up there," Wei Ying pointed to the sky. 

"Mn."