thirty

DAVINA'S POV:

Wrapped up in silk, I hear the click of a camera as I rub my eyes and peer down the end of the bed.

Matteo is staring down at me, with his phone pointed at me.

"What are you doing", I mumble and notice my breasts out in the opening.

The sun gleaming on my skin, like silk, intertwines around my leg, leaving my curves for show and my upper top.

"You're so beautiful", he says and I smile into the pillows.

"So you're taking a photo of me while I'm naked and sleeping?" I say and feel him shift on the bed and lay next to me.

"That sounds very wrong, but yes I am."

"Your so romantic", I whisper and hear him let out a snort before gripping my hips and pulling me against him.

"Only for you, darling", he says and places a kiss on my hair.

I place my hand onto his neck while nuzzling my head further into the crook of his jaw and shoulder.

"Oh I almost forgot", he whispers and leans over pulling something out of the nightstand. "Happy birthday baby."

I lift my head and see a small box that has a gold ribbon on it.

"You didn't have to get me anything", I say and press a kiss to his lips. Leaning up against the headboard, pulling the sheets along with me, I take the box out of his hand and run the velvet over my fingertips.

Slowly pulling the gold off, I open the box and gasp at the ring displayed inside a rose.

"It's one of those anxiety rings", Matteo says and watches me. "The middle part of it spins."

Pulling the ring out I see small diamonds lining the edges and the middle of it is a band that you can spin.

Inside the ring, a small scribble of numbers is engraved.

12-4-21

"I figured it is better than your other one because I know it leaves your skin irritated."

"Shit", I whisper and pull the ring on my middle finger looking at it sparkler under the sunlight. "I love it."

"And you", I whip my head up and meet those silver hues. "I love you, thank you for this."

"Good because I also got something else for you."

"What?" I furrow my brows as he picks me up onto his lap and I spot a white bandage over his neck tattoo. "What happened?"

"You can take it off", he says and lightly places his hands onto my waist. My whole upper body revealed and the small bunch of sheets wrapped around my legs.

Slowly peeling off the wrapper, I feel my eyes pool with tears at his neck.

The once broken heart has now been stitched up through the middle, and the decaying flowers sprawled around it are mixed with alive ones.

"What", I gasped and choke on a sob.

"I love you", he says and places his hands on my cheeks- cupping them. " I wanted to show you what you did to me the best way I can. You made me feel alive, love."

He whips away the tears on my cheeks and I lean in, pressing my lips to his. "It's so beautiful."

"Good because I can't get that shit changed."

~

"Ayooo", Andrea yells and bursts inside the living room. "Happy birthday bitch!"

Eli is standing next to him, as I smile up at Andrea and finish putting my heels on.

Eli sits down on the couch next to me and wraps me up in a hug. "Happy birthday girl."

"Thank you", I say and press a kiss to his cheek.

"You guys ready", Carter says and leans against the doorframe in a black leather jacket.

Standing up, I fix my black lace cami top that has an underwire against the breastbone, and smooth out the high wasted, black skinny jeans I paired it with. Along with black heels and my hair crimped.

Matteo said we were going out for dinner and invited the whole group along, so now we're walking to the motorcycles and I'm waiting for Matteo to grab me a helmet.

"You look super hot by the way", Andrea whispers in my ear and I let out a laugh.

"Keep hitting on her and I'll punch you", Matteo comes from around the corner, with two black helmets.

All of us getting on, I wrap my hands around Matteo's waist and try not to puncture his feet with my heel.

His cologne wafts up my nose and I smile at the scent- leaning down I press a kiss to his neck.

We ride through the city when all the lights are glowing and the moon is out, with my head titled back and enjoying every minute of this night.

People stare at us when Matteo, Andrea, and Carter all rev up their engines and speed down the busy street.

Finally pulling into the restaurant Matteo picked out for us, everyone gets off the motorcycle while I stay on and take the helmet off.

"Come on birthday girl", Matteo says and holds a hand out for me. I take it and jump off the seat, keeping our hands entwined as we head inside.

Matteo did some requesting I believe, so now we're being placed in the backroom that was only ours for tonight.

Soft music plays and candles are lit all around as I smile up at the hostess and Matteo takes my chair out for me.

"You did all of this?" I whisper and look down at the menu.

"For you, I did", he replies and puts a hand over my thigh under the table.

~

"Come on", I giggle and burp down some of the fruity mixed drinks I drank.

The waitress didn't even ask me for an ID, he just looked at Matteo and swallowed hard, before piling up drinks in front of me.

Now we're walking the streets of New York, and I'm smiling so hard my cheeks start to hurt.

Surprisingly all the shops were still open this late at night, so now Matteo is carrying all of my bags and Andrea has a couple for himself.

Little does he know, I snuck in some lingerie I thought would be great for tonight.

The low sound of music starts to play, and I turn my head to see a man singing into a microphone with a hat in front of him filled with money.

The song Afterglow by Ed Sheeran plays and I stop- listening closely to the music.

Pulling out some money from my wallet, I place it into the hat and watch as people gather around.

Hand circles my waist and I look up, meeting Matteo's eyes as they stare at me softly.

"Today was beautiful", I whisper and place my hands around his neck. "You didn't have to do any of this."

He leans in, kissing me and I feel like my heart hurts so much from how bad I truly love this man.

I look over his shoulder at my ring and smile as the street lights seem to like it too and shine directly above it.

"Let's dance", he whispers and I grin.

I noticed the boys were now doing their own thing, and talking about something.

Hands around my waist, he guides me back and we start to move in rhythm.

Everything's so perfect.