Chapter 1 - Entering The New Worldz

Katsu. The fated day has finally come...

Destiny will come rushing into your life, and you will plunge into the dark, but whimsical oceans to break through the darkness that lies within...

Do not worry, though...

You will not be alone on this journey. Your heart will reach out to others Destined to fight for the same cause...

The Darkness of your past will melt away as you look forward to the new day...

~ ~

The Hell...???

Another one of those dreams, again...? 'The Dark, but whimsical oceans', And 'The darkness of my past will melt away'?

"Katsu, get a hold of yourself. It's too early in the morning for this shit." I muttered to myself, wrapping my bed sheets around me. But, who am I kidding? That voice is all too real, and it's definitely not from any games that I played.

Honestly, I don't get what this voice keeps talking about in those dreams, and I can't even tell who or what is talking to me... Maybe if I try to go back to sleep this time and~

"~Katsu-kun... Katsu-kun, wake up, I'm back home! And I know you know what time it is..." I heard Michi blurt out right before she came running inside my bedroom. When I heard those Great Ape footsteps, I knew my precious time for sleep was over. I opened my eyes to see her gripping onto the new game she was camping out all night to get, so going back to sleep is definitely a no-go, since she wants to play it with me and Lance as a group...

"I guess you finally got the game... Well, hold on, I'll text Lance to see if he's up, then the three of us could start off." I told her, as she was still itching to play.

Katsu: Aye, you up? Michi came back with The Lost Worldz.

(Took the guy ten minutes to read my text, then another ten to reply after reading it...)

Lance: Oh, Ok. I'll log in now, then.

It took him twenty whole minutes to text that small reply?!? I would've watched an episode of... Any Anime and came back to him on this!!!

"Katsu-kun, hurry up already! I know you know how bad I wanna play this!!" Michi nagged, leaving to wait in the living room. It's safe to say she's a lot more excited to play the game than I am. It's probably because she played the Beta Version and fell in love with the game ever since, like the rest of the world did...

I, however, only know that the game is called The Lost Worldz... The so called 'Best Fucking Virtual Reality Game Ever. Live Here, and Never Leave.' I've never found a Virtual Reality MMORPG I really wanted to live in, since either the game would be terrible with non-active players, or the game would be too complicated for no reason and be filled with people who didn't even know how to play in the first place. The outside world isn't getting any more interesting, so I'm hoping that this Lost Worldz won't be another one of those disappointments...

"Alright, alright, I'm coming...!" I lazily shouted back, stretching my arms out with a yawn and slowly getting out of bed. I went in the kitchen and took a good bite into this giant breakfast burrito I've been working on for about half a month... "Okay, that should last for the rest of the week." I said to myself...

(Don't worry, readers, I'll explain how this is humanly possible later.)

Scratching the back of my head, I realized that since Michiko, a fellow Gamer, let alone roommate, is so hyped about playing, I should at least give it a try too...