Chapter 10 - Enter, Team Black Ice

"Gonna be Late, gonna be late, gonna be late, gonna be late!!" I shouted, leaping off of the giant hill with Yuri in pursuit. The Tournament starts in five minutes, and the two of us is still in the middle of The Grassy Fields... Not a good sign.

"Trained for too long." Yuri commented, sliding on a thin shard of Ice down the hill. When I saw all those other Players leave a few hours ago, it should've clicked in my mind that we should probably go with them...

"Heads up!" She called out, throwing an Ice shard in my direction. In mid-air, I grabbed onto it and landed on the slope snow boarding. Training for too long pays off at least.

"Dark Passage!" I yelled, and while targeting Yuri, my Book released a Dark Portal in front of me. After going through it, I found myself right behind her.

"The town's just up ahead. Just a little further..." I said, flipping off a hill and shooting upwards into the air. Yuri grabbed onto my back and shot a beam of Ice from behind, making a giant slide leading right to Lady Kuro's Temple. I bent down and leaned forward, picking up an incredible... Okay, uncontrollable, amount of speed as we slid through the skies. After a few seconds, we passed the Village's main gates, and Lady Kuro's tower could now be seen.

"SO HOW DO WE STOP...?" Yuri shouted so I could hear. We were going so fast, it was to the point where I almost didn't hear her if she didn't shout.

"DON'T WORRY, I'M BASICALLY A NINJA!! I'M SO LIGHT, I COULD EASILY LAND ON THE GRO~Ugh, Wha~?!?" A sudden crack in the Ice trail tripped me up, and we were immediately sent rolling down the Ice slide... Every impact on the ice stung like Hell.

"GUHG... DAARHG... UUGHH... OOUF.... GAAAGH!!!" I finally grabbed onto Yuri, pulled out my Katana, and sliced through the Ice. Free falling is definitely not the best sight if you're actually falling to your death... I can't die yet... I'm still a Virgin Σ( ゜ロ゜) !

"HANG ON!" I shouted, as she gripped onto me tighter. It kinda threw me off since she kept the same blunt facial expression this entire time... I pointed my arms out to a nearby building, trying desperately to aim...

"... HIDDEN BLADE... SHOT!!" I cried out, releasing the Hidden Blade. God, I know you're watching. I haven't been the most faithful of-...

The Hidden Blade sunk into the building wall, and after swinging towards it, we're now safely dangling right above the ground... I knew you work fast God, but Damn, that was a bit too fast...

~ ~

We made it inside Kuro's Temple on time, and registered under the group name Team Black Ice, to accommodate our powers, respectively, and savagely. We're in A block as the last entry, and there's only four other blocks. We have some time to kill before the rounds start, so we were walking around to check out the competition for a while. I ran back through my mind how the Tournament works...

~ Flash Back ~

"Haven't been in a Tournament before. Huh... I'll explain then." Yuri suddenly suggested.

"I'm all ears."

"Well, more than one battle happens at once. The Temple's lobby has monitors... Show's the fights live. Participants are transported to a separate room instance to fight. Keeps going to the Final match. Lady Kuro's "Champion" match, would probably be inside a special instance room." She stated. That explanation alone probably had more words than what she said since I met her...

"... Well, Anything else?" I asked her. She blushed, for the hundredth time today, and tilted her head to the side.

"Don't get in my way..."