Chapter 16 - Welcome To The World of Big Deals.

"Ow... Ouwwwwch...!" I bitched, somehow peeling myself off the coliseum wall. That Conquerer's Will of his... Hurts like Hell!

"Now... Lemme see whut Class I wanna switch to... Aw yeah, dis one!" Go blurted out. I look up, and all I see is green, red, and yellow sticks of... Dynami~?

~ BOOM... LOTS, Of Booms ~

"... Go, you gotta be shittin' me... DYNAMITE??? FUCKING DYNAMITE?!?" I shouted, only having about 15% of my Health left...

"Bomba Class, Katsu-mon! Really gettin' undah ya skin already, ain't it, mon?"

"Not as much as that Jamaican accent of your's... But it doesn't matter how much health you take down, as long as it isn't at zero, right?" I rambled, knowing that another set of those bombs would take my noob-ass out almost instantly. If I was going to do something, it'd have to be quick...~

~ EMERGENCY SEQUENCE ACTIVATED ~

"... Wh-what the...??? We're back at Kuro's place!?!" I shouted, quickly looking around to see no one beside me but Yuri. Even though she had that blank glare, I could tell she was nervous. I would've been freaking out if Yuri wasn't right next to me, so I had to keep up appearance, for the time being. I mean seriously, there was like, 20, 25 Players walking around here before our match started...

"Yuri, stay close. We should take a look around." I claimed, feeling a bit nervous myself. I switched back to my Nega-Scholar Class before anything, because I knew something was up.

~ ~

Walking through the desolate hallways didn't give us much answers, mainly because we didn't find anyone to ask what was going on...

"... Katsu?" Yuri spoke up suddenly.

"Huh, what's up?"

"...... Nothing." She said, tilting her head down and walking ahead of me.

... Yuri kept mustering up the courage to ask me something the entire time we were walking, but ends up shooting the question down at the last second... Something else is on her mind besides this, and it's throwing me off at the fact that she didn't tell me yet.

"Emergency Sequence, huh...? It kicked us out the Duel. That's all I got out of it..." I thought out loud, seeing if I could sort of push her into indirectly saying what was on her mind.

"Maybe... We should check outside?" Yuri suggested. Not only did she not speak her mind, she goes on to say some horror movie type shit like that, knowing full Damn well I was already paranoid about no one being in the Palace. God knows what's outside the Palace...!!

"... Add on to the creepiness? Why not, let's go." I replied with a freaked out look. We simultaneously made a U-turn and saw two shadowy figures steadily approaching us... That's when my ears felt like hearing their footsteps...

Without even thinking about who it could possibly be, I grabbed onto Yuri's waist with one hand and shot out my Hidden Blade with the other, swiftly moving up to a vantage point on top of the Temple ceiling's wooden planks. If they weren't some type of enemy, they wouldn't be creeping on us like that... A normal person would've already been heard by either Yuri or me by now. I'll just have to assume whoever's behind us isn't as innocent or confused as we are...

"... Run?"

"No, slowly walk and wait for whoever's following us to awkwardly ask for directions to the nearest bonfire." I retorted, hauling complete ass down the planks. I then stopped, ran back, let Yuri hop on my back before she was left behind, then hauled even more ass. After gunning down the maze of Hallways on the narrow planks, I suddenly saw a thin looking window down this hall...