Chapter 4 - Survival in The New World... Part 3

"Wha-... What're you guys doing here?!?" I blurted out, as the prison's emergency alarm went off and the metal cell gates opened up. Michi almost tackled me to the ground with her hug, digging her face into my chest.

"We're here to save your asses of course." Lance bounty answered with a grin.

"Katsu... I'm glad. You're okay..." Michi muttered from my chest. I pulled her up from my torso, and wiped her teared up face off with my hand. Then I swiftly leaned over to her ear...

"I'm gonna tell you this right now. It's gonna take some time to get used to, but, I'm going... To risk my life to protect you guys. So, this is gonna happen a lot now that we're playing for keeps. Try not to cry too often, okay? We won't survive long if we keep worrying." I whispered. She slowly shook her head and turned her attention to the third rescuer, as Lance walked up to me.

"It'd suck if you just up and died on us on the first day we get here, now would've it?" Lance mocked with a dull laugh. I dunno, but, something about him was way different then before we split up...

"Says the person who almost ended up in the same position I was in. Hunter guy told me all about it." I shot back. His eyes suddenly darkened and he quickly turned away. The third figure finally walked up to me after talking to Michi. What she had on was weird, like, future space mechanic weird. The girl in general was notably shorter than I was, and really skinny with white, curly hair reaching to the floor. This girl didn't really look like the fighting type, but more like a major supporter...

"And you must be Katsu. It's good to finally get to meet you. My name is Diaga." The heavenly voice of the mysterious teen told me. She put out an open hand and lightly smiled. But what was creepy about her was the fact that her voice sounded way too familiar...

"Wh-why do you sound so...~?!?" She put her index finger on my mouth, indicating me to be quiet. Ok, I've been silenced way too many times today... I shook her gentle hand, and for some reason, I got the feeling like I always wanted to meet this person.

"I've made a little miscalculation the last time we've talked, Katsu... Jail is definitely not the most whimsical of places, but you'll get used to it." She said with a snicker. A small little lightning bolt labeled 'NOW I FRIGGIN GET IT" shocked my brain cells as I finally realized who she actually was.

"Y-...y-you're..." I stuttered, and she nodded her head. After being randomly missing for a while, Tencho came running back inside the cell before I could talk more to the girl.

"Cannot go that way... The Newbie Prisoners started a riot with the people who's running the place, and it's not pretty... They don't stand a chance." He explained. Those guys are that powerful? It makes no sense... I don't know what they're really trying to do, but it's obviously not good.

"Doesn't really matter. We'll just head back to the Village using the tunnel." Lance said while I stuffed Lectrode's Gauntlets into my inventory bag.

"Yeah, let's go." I agreed. Everyone hopped in and crawled through the hole. I was too fixated about Diaga and her strange ability to talk in people's dreams to realize we were actually breaking out of a prison.

~ ~

Eventually, we made it out of the Cave, and in that time, I told everyone my short story of how I ended up in jail in the first place.

"I see, that's how you got the Spider's Blood." Tencho recalled with a sigh.

"Okay, we're out now. I'll have to re-activate The Dark Hold's electrical systems..." Diaga said. After waiting a few minutes, five tiny robotic follower Drones came from different parts of The Dark Hold, and circled around Diaga. That must be the Technician Class, I can't see anyone else having Micro-Droids flying around them.