Chapter 6 - The New World's Darkness

"Let's try and get one thing straightened out... Demons are in this Game. Real, living, evil ones. There's even been sightings in the real world, but with technology being so mainstreamed, it's like no one really notices or cares." Diaga stated with a stern face. I sat there in deep thought, then looked up and shrugged.

"Welp, seems legit enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯." I replied a bit light-heartedly. At this point, Lance and Michi seemed concerned about my thought processing for some reason.

"You aren't afraid, like, at all...?" Michi asked me, obviously a bit shooken up.

"I mean, think of it this way, a game this good had to come with a price. I was already prepared for the worst case scenario before I was even told about it. Literal Demons are basically a plus..." I bluntly explained. Her mood seemed to brighten after hearing this.

"The worst case scenario was it being death, right?" Lance interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah pretty much, Lance. No need to remind me or anything... (゜▽゜') ." I replied with a funny face.

"Wow, that's as badass as it is stupid, Katsu." He replied with a smirk on his face. I guess it's just that I've been waiting on something like this my entire life... Either that or I'm getting a bit too soul-searchy...

"~Ahem... Back to what I was saying, these Demons possess Demonic energies and powers that give them an advantage in Virtual Reality Gaming systems. A powerful Demon Spell has been casted on this Game, knowing that almost everyone on earth is going to play it. Now, no one can Log Out, and people actually die when their Health Points hit Zero. Even though there is, in some case an immortality to this, since it would take eons for most Players die of age thanks to the Fukai Nemuri, anything else can happen." Diaga explained.

"Whoa... That's messed up... If anything, it's like they gave Players actual lifespans, since they were gonna be gaming for eons anyways." Michi exclaimed.

"It seems like the Devil himself would only have the power to do all that." Lance muttered to himself.

"But, Hackers are a different story. Highly experienced Gamers have been tasked with defending Virtual Games against Demons ever since they were discovered." Diaga exclaimed.

"Now that, is badass. I'm definitely in." I declared. Diaga then tossed me a tattered dark red cloth.

"That fast?!?" The other two yelled out.

"Guess so." I replied while laughing. I didn't have anywhere to put the cloth, so I twisted it up and tied it to my belt, letting it hang.

"You'll have to meet a man named Knox first to official confirm your title. But he's a few Villages away from us, so that can wait." Diaga realized.

"Unfortunately, I only brought one Hacker's Cloth. I can't give you two yours just yet." She told Lance and Michi.

"Hold on... So that means you were expecting to see Katsu if you only had one," Lance quickly turned to me, "Uh... Do you know her?" He questioned. Welp, might as well tell him.

"Well, thing is, she..." I glanced at her putting her index finger to her lips. She doesn't want me to tell them about the dreams...?!? What do I say then...??? Shit, think of something!

"... Uh, she... Well, she~" I was cut off by the sudden sound of someone running up the steps... Who would've guessed it was that Zero guy again...

"~Katsu! Bring dat ass here! You're needed elsewhere...!" He called out, quickly yanking me over to him and throwing me over his shoulder.

"The Hell are you doing?!? Lemme go!" I shouted, trying to play it off like I didn't literally just pray for this to happen... He then took off back down the steps, dragging me along with him.

~ ~

"I only let you go through with that because I actually needed to get outta there." I bluffed as Zero put me down. We were in the middle of a set of Row houses, no where in particular basically.

"I finished explaining to Sen Gema and Ichi about the Hackers. To put it bluntly, they don't wanna join." He explained a bit saddened by the news. Said news wasn't that surprising, really.

"You had to kidnap me to tell me this?" I complained. I've been Katsu-napped way too many times today...

"He just wouldn't tell me why though..." He went on, trailing off his sentence and looking away over-dramatically. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye, like I knew exactly what goes on in the guy's head.

"Well, I'm sure the guy has his reasons. Being Sen Gema and all." I went around a solid response.

"I know that feel, small child. Well, I know someone else who knows that feel to be exact.... Another small child." He stated, while looking around a bit frantically.

"Hm, really? So, why'd you bring me here then?"

"Well, it's about that certain someone..." He started sounding over-dramatic again, but this time, he seemed a lot less comical about it.

"My daughter and I aren't on the best of terms right now." He said with a disappointed expression on his face.

"Uhh, you and your daughter being on goods terms is nowhere near as interesting as knowing that you have a daughter in the first place. She's in this game right now then? Hmm..." I pondered as he nodded his head. I think I know exactly who it is, too. Trying to avoid sudden movements, I scanned the area around me using the mini map, with only one other Player being in the area...

"Over there. Hidden Shot!" I darted across the building and swung around into the alley of where the lurking Player was hiding. After landing (and almost busting my ass), I found the exact same girl that was watching the Duel. Just taking once glance at her again made me feel some kind of way, it was different from when I met Zero... Like Im drawn to something about her... Just, who is she?

~ ~ ~

What if I told you readers that The Lost Worldz is going to be the only story I made that doesn't exactly have a Yoru as the main character? Don't know what a Yoru is? Read my other books. There's a Yoru in each one. Next Time, on The Lost Worldz, The New World's Night!
(Keep the word night in mind... ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴*cough* *cough* Night means Yoru in Japanese... )