Chapter 16

Laying on the bed in Nic's arms after our amazing yet extremely naughty love making session, I feel completely contented.
Nic reaches down gently pushing a lock of my hair behind my ear as I lay on his bare chest.
My fingers slowly tracing the outline of his perfect abs.
His body tenses and slightly trembles at my touch.
He does have the body of a god and I still can't believe how he's all mine.

"I will have your belongings brought to my room in the morning." He says leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"But what about my room? I love my room Nic."

He let's out a deep growl and sits up suddenly taking me with him, leaning against the head board.

"I'm not asking Eden. I'm telling you what's going to happen. You're mine and I sure as hell am not going to allow my mate to stay in a different room to me."

Wow, I knew he could get mad but I never knew it would be this easy.

He runs a hand through his hair and tugs at the ends. It looks like he's trying his hardest to keep his temper under control.

If I couldn't see how mad he was then our mate bond would definitely make me feel it.
I can feel his anger, his frustration and for some weird reason his worry.

Reaching for his chin, I turn his face to mine.

"Why are you worried?"

"What?"

"I said, why are you worried?"

"I'm not."

"Don't lie to me Nic," I say dropping my hand from his chin and grabbing the bed sheet to cover my body and moving away from him.
His hand reaches out to pull me back to him but I slap it away.

"No."

I need some answers and being to close to him makes me forget what I'm doing.

"I will ask you one last time and if you don't answer me I will climb out of this bed and go back to my room. Now, why are you worried?"

Letting out a loud sigh, he runs a hand over his face as he looks up to the ceiling.

The mate bond is going crazy with emotions right now and I'm sure the main of them are from him. But I have no idea why.

I sit and wait for an explanation. I know why he's angry, frustrated even, because I questioned moving in here with him but that wouldn't explain why he's so worried.

I need to know.

He goes quiet.

But I'm not done yet.

"Well..I'm waiting." Crossing my arms over my chest.

And I wait and wait.

Just as I'm about to give up and stomp my way out of his room and back to my own he starts to talk.

"Do you know how special you are?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your wolf. Do you know how special she is?"

I know my wolf Mara told me how she and Jake's wolf are special wolves but hearing it from Nic is actually making me worry now too.

"No, I don't know because Mara said it isn't time yet."

"I thought so."

And just as he started talking he stops.

His eyes bore into me with an intensity I've not seen from him before.

"What's going on Nic?"

He takes another heavy sigh as he looks me in the eyes.

"I'm worried about you and Jake. Do you know how many stories I had to listen to over the years about white wolves with purple eyes Eden? I lost count, that's how many. I never even believed the stories." Nic says shaking his head.

"What do you mean stories? I don't understand. You're not making any sense. We're rare wolves...so what?"

All of a sudden he stands and grabs his trousers, pulling them on.

"So what! ...so what! That's all you can say?" He sounds exasperated.

"You're not just rare wolves as you put it. You're special wolves. There's a big difference. Don't you understand, I need to protect you and I will protect you with my life, you know that. But it doesn't stop the worry in me that I might fail one day. It will kill me Eden. I can't lose you. I just can't."

I'm still on the bed, just sitting there staring at him. I hadn't even thought of what being a white wolf would mean.
Can I shift in front of people? Will me and Jake have to be a secret? How will this pack cope with having it's Luna and Beta both white wolves?
My mind is spinning with questions and I now understand why Nic was worrying so much.

Nic comes over and sits next to me. I feel his strong arms under my body and lifts me up putting me on his lap. His nose goes to my neck where my mark is as he inhales my scent. I gather it's to calm him down. Wrapping my arms around his torso I lay my head against his chest and inhale his scent too, needing to calm my nerves that seem to be going crazy.

"Eden?"

"Yes."

"Please don't shift in front of anyone until I talk to the elders about this."

Still leaning my head on his chest I nod. "Okay, I won't, I promise."

He gives me a tight squeeze and drops a kiss to the top of my head. In that moment I feel the tension leave his body as he sags in relief.

"Get dressed. I'm sure everyone will want to say goodnight to you before they start to leave the party."

I groan as I climb off his lap and start to get dressed. He laughs as he watches me before taking my hand in his and walking us to the door.

His other hand reaches for the door handle but before he opens it he looks back at me.

"I love you Eden. I think I always have."

My heart swells and I can't help the smile that takes over my face.

"I love you too."

He gives me a panty dropping smile and it takes everything in me not to drag him back to bed.
I shake my head to rid the thoughts I'm having. I can't keep thinking things like that otherwise we literally won't leave his room.
Looking back at him his smile has got even bigger.

"You do know I can hear your thoughts!" He chuckles.

I'm just about to answer with a sarcastic comment but Nic's eyes cloud over and I hear a voice in my own head.
We're both being mindlinked and I'm guessing it's because I'm now Luna of the pack, even though not officially yet.

My blood runs cold when I hear the words shouting through the link.

'Breach! Breach!'