Acompañante

Waking up to soft knocking on your door, you sit up in bed

Your phone telling the time was 11am, you got up quickly wondering why you were up so late.

Assuming that you were going to get in trouble for being late, you opened the door.

Sero stood dressed in casual clothing with his hand up ready to knock again.

Blinking at each other, you tilted your head, "What are you doing here?"

Putting his hand down, he seemed just as confused to you, "I was coming to see if you wanted to go out. What...are you doing?"

Squinting your eyes, you spoke, "What about school?"

Sero raised his eyebrows. Seeming to understand now he smiled, but he still answered in a question, "It's Saturday?"

Releasing a breath you didn't know you were holding, you put your hand to you chest, "Oh."

He put a hand to your head, fixing your hair from being slept on, "Are you alright?"

Huffing out a breath, you walked into your room, now less frantic than before, "Yeah, just couldn't go to sleep last night."

Sero frowned at your words, "Why didn't you come see me?"

You sat on your bed, facing the boy as he walked into your room, "I don't know."

Sitting next to you, he put his hand on top of yours, "You'll never be a bother to me."

You knew that.

He said it all the time, and you were thankful. If it weren't for him, you would have lost so much sleep. But last night you weren't sure that his presence would have helped.

Putting your head on his shoulder, you closed your eyes, "I know, I was just thinking."

The two of you sat in a comfortable silence, content on just being near the other.

Almost falling asleep, you open your eyes when you feel Sero shift, "Come with me."

You sit up while he goes to stand in front of you with his hand out, "There's something I want to see."