Esfuérzate Más

Sitting at the small table in the kitchen, you have your hands wrapped around a cup of tea

The room is silent, and it feels as if you are being suffocated.

Your eyes are cast down, but you can feel her eyes on you.

Refusing to look up, you finally do when she clears her throat.

Finally looking up to meet her eyes, you see that she is slightly glaring, "What are you doing here?"

Forcing a smile onto your face, you try to think of something to say without making her angry, "I just wanted to visit you."

Although you think that response would be okay, you watch as her fingers tighten around her cup, "Don't you have homework?"

Feeling your nerves rise, you know you can't tell her you are on suspension.

She'll find a way to tell your dads and then they would probably cut their trip to come back.

You don't want that.

"I finished it before I came?" You answer in a question more than a statement.

She narrows her eyes at you, "All of it?"

"Yes."

You aren't sure what's making her so suspicious in the first place, but you know she won't let up.

"How did you finish so quickly?"

"I went through my assignments as fast as I could because I had to make dinner."

Her eyebrows furrow at your response, "You did your homework and made dinner?"

Maybe you should've left the dinner part out.

Deciding to just nod, you try to relax a little by drinking your tea.

It feels like the air is starting to get even thicker.

When she let you into the house earlier, she opened the door without a word.

She only looked at you before turning around to walk into her home, leaving the door behind her open.