21.

"How about, no?"

"How about, no?"

Citlali squinted her eyes a bit, as her brother tested her patience. Every chance he'd get, he'd start 'wrestling' the girl, or in other words, he'd pick her up and slam her on the couch and or on the carpet. It seemed since the two were hanging out alongside Julissa, that he'd grown bored and decided it was best to mess with his baby sister, for old time sake.

"How about, yes!" He mimicked her and slammed her again. Only, this time she ignored the pain, and got up real fast so that she could jump and elbow him real fast. "Okay, okay! I give." He shouted slightly moving, getting elbowed on the neck.

"You bitch." He cried in pain, only the girl started laughing as she apologized.

"I'm sorry, but you shouldn't have moved." She attempted to hide her laugh.

"I know." He replied rolling on the carpet with his hands on his neck, slowly massaging it. "Damn it. No more. Truce." He decided and went to sit on the couch. Which other than the tv on the floor, was the only piece of furniture he owned. In that room at least because they had a lonely mattress in one of the bedrooms.

"Instead of hurting your sister, how about you help me with these dishes." Julissa shouted for the kitchen. "So I can finish cooking."

"How about, no." Nolan replied but the face on the girls made him get up in panic. "I'm playing. Of course I'm going to help my beautiful boo."

Citlali only rolled her eye and made her way back into the kitchen with the spatula that she had retrieved from one of the boxes siting nearby before her brother had sabotaged. Patting the end of the spatula against her palm, she smirked. A brilliant idea coming to her mind. Inspecting the spatula, the girl quickly swatted it back and forth before she went and smacked her brother as hard as she could.

"You mother-."

"Stop." Julissa cut her husband off as she reached and snatched the utensil out of the teens hand. "You guys called truce, but let's be honest. You deserved that Nol."

"I know." The male sighed, his head down in disappointment, but he was also looking at his sister, promising it wasn't over.

"You started it." Was all Citlali said before she continued helping her sister in law cook.

•••

"You okay?" Julissa asked her sister in law right after they had finished cleaning up after diner.

"Yeah." The teenager nodded. "I'm good, just happy that I don't have to be home alone." Or left to my thoughts, the girl wanted to add. But it seemed even while they sat in silence watching a movie, that's exactly what Citlali was doing. Thinking.

Citlali wished her brother were back and not patrolling because then she would be distracted. She needed a distraction from him, because all she wanted was to be in his arms. Frankly, she was more scared that she had hope after the events that happened yesterday afternoon.

"Look, it's not my business, and your brother would kill - he would be very upset with me for saying this," the girl corrected herself. "But I think you should talk to him. Nolan told me about what happened yesterday. I believe that was Paul trying to right his wrongs. Guys get jealous, it's normal, but because he's a werewolf it's doubled, but because he is a werewolf with anger issues, it's times ten, and that okay. He just just needs to work on it. The same way he's been working on his anger."

"Maybe." Citlali agreed. "That was the angriest I've seen him."

"But it wasn't the worst. At least according to your brother, it wasn't. He said Paul held so much of it in. Especially yesterday. Trust me, last night, Nolan would not shut up about it. Said that he was trying so hard to get him to break and he just wouldn't. He did not let his anger get the best of him, which is why he admitted that he might be wrong and he should let you go deal with this on your own. Your brother trusts Paul with his life, he admitted that. Now, I think it's all up to you."

Citlali tried to process all of it, and for some reason, she couldn't fathom any of it, so she stood up and walked out of the house with the need to cry, but she refused to and Julissa knew that. Which is why she let the girl go out on her own.

As much as Citlali wanted to just go to him and fix things, something in the pit of her chest is stopping her from doing it. Anger. She was upset because he didn't trust her.

Wrapping her arms tightly around herself in a attempt to keep herself warm from the chilly July air; she went and laid down on the porch swing. The last thing she wanted was to stare at an empty house, with empty walls. So she settled with gazing at the moon shining through the tall trees. 

"If you fall asleep, I'm not carrying you in."

"Leave me alone." Citlali ignored her brother who had returned  back home way too early. Perhaps it was only a meeting he went to and not actually patrolling. Nevertheless, the girl laid there, with her legs crossed, arms behind her head, still starring away.

"Cit." Her brother attempted getting her attention again. This time she slowly looked over to see he wasn't alone. Paul was with him and for someone that didn't sit right with her. As happy as she was to see he was there, she also wasn't. 

"I said leave me alone." She repeated and went back to starring at the moon.

At this, Nolan took it as a hint, and took off but not before giving Paul an awkward pat on the shoulder and wishing him good look, but no matter how long Paul stood there, Citlali ignored him. To be honest, she felt stupid and wanted him to suffer. Just a little bit because, days ago she was the one seeking him out while he was angry and that wasn't fair since none of it was her fault.

"Please." Paul begged, crouching down next to her. If she didn't know any better, she thought he was going to cry, and she really didn't know what she would do if he does. "Citi?"

Again, she said nothing. All she did was turn onto her side, to look away from him. Giving him a cold shoulder. Literaly.