9.

If it wasn't for the constant sound of bare feet slapping against the hardwood flood, then Nolan would have gotten a proper goodnights rest, but it was Citlali who had it worse

If it wasn't for the constant sound of bare feet slapping against the hardwood flood, then Nolan would have gotten a proper goodnights rest, but it was Citlali who had it worse. For she was the one constantly running to and from the restroom all night. It was official. The girl had food poising from the undercooked chicken her brother made and she was either vomiting or worse.

"Cit? You okay in there?" The only male in the household, who appointed himself 'the man of the house' asked his sister as he heard her vomiting for the umpteenth time. Though, he didn't actually bother checking on her until now because at the time he was just too tired to care. He had to get up for patrol at 7 in the morning, so of course he wasn't going to bother wasting any sleep.

"Go away. This is your fault." The teenage girl struggled to speak from the burning sensation coming from her throat

"How is this my fault?"

"Your food, idiot." The girl finally managed to open up her door to reveal that she was a mess. No longer did a crewneck sit on her body, but instead she was in a t-shirt with some shorts and long fuzzy socks, she was a sweaty mess. Her hair sat in what was supposed to be a messy bun, but because of how short her hair is, it was more of a half up do that had moved to the side of her head. "You didn't fully cook the chicken."

"Oh. Ohh." Was all Nolan could respond feeling a bit bad but then suddenly his eyes widen and he immediately ran to get the house phone. "Oh god, oh god." He was panicking, as he brought the house phone to his ears. "Hi, good morning Mrs. De La Cruz, may i please speak to Julissa?" For a moment, there was a long pause. "I understand. Yes. Thank you." He finally hung up, looking as guilty as ever. "So, Julissa is also sick on this fine morning...." Nolan puckered his lips. "My baaad." Was all he said before placing the phone down on the coffee table and making his way back to his room as if nothing had happened.

Rolling her eyes, Citlali decided on laying on the couch. It was Saturday morning, so of course it was decided she would just mope around, but of course the door bell ringing was a total surprise. Of course she wasn't going to be the one to open it. Of course, she let herself immediately fall right back into a deep sleep, allowing the bell to ring until her brother angrily stormed out of his bedroom.

"I'm coming." he shouted walking past the couch, starring at his sister in disbelief. "You couldn't open it?" He frustratedly asked seeing that she was dead asleep. "Whatever." He finally muttered and opened the front door to see his best friend there along with Jacob and Embry.

Anybody could tell that Paul was annoyed by their's presence, especially because they were best friends and once again inseparable. It was Sam who sent them along just to be sure Nolan needed a wakeup call. "Morning." Paul smiled widely hoping to catch a glimpse of Citlali. He walked in, heading towards the couch only to see his girl sleeping. Although she still looked as beautiful as ever, he could tell something was wrong.

"Is she okay?" Paul immedialy asked whipping around to look over at his best friend who was no longer in the same room. Instead, Nolan began walking out from the hallway shaking his head.

"Trust me you don't want to know."

"But I do want to know." Paul responded in all seriousness. It took a whole lot of strength, but he managed to not go and caress the girls face, to move her short hair out of her face. "What happened?"

"She and Julissa got food poisoning... From the food I made." Immedialty, Embry and Jacob were snickering, and although Paul wanted to laugh as well, he didn't. He knew it wasn't intentional, but still, his imprint was sick and right now he just wanted to stay with her until she felt better.

"Yeah, yeah. Very funny." Nolan sassed leading the males out of his house. "Let's go."

From the moment they were gone, until the doorbell began ringing again, Citlali managed to sleep a total of eleven hours with many runs to the bathroom in between. Which was shocking to her because she was still sleepy but very hungry.

Opening the front door, Citlali found Paul there with a bag of groceries. "Nolan's not here." Was all the girl can say.  There was really no expression on her face, just a  hint of annoyedness, but that came naturally with the way she was feeling. "I know." Paul managed to awkwardly reply. "I'm actually here for you- I brought this for you." He held up the white grocery bag. "Yogurt and BRAT." He nervously replied too quickly making the girl frown.

"Did you just call me a brat?" She asked making the boys eyes widen.

"Wha-no. N-no." Paul stuttered for a moment. "Sorry, B.R.A.T.-which stands for bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. All foods that help when one has food poisoning. I asked Sue and then googled it to make sure she was right." he smiled. And let himself into he home. "Are you feeling better?"

"I'm fine, Paul. It's nothing I can't handle."

"I know, I know." He sighed noticing how he overstepped his boundaries. "I'm just making sure you're okay."

"I get that, I appreciate that. But I'm not going to eat with you in the house." She went and took a seat on the couch switching on the tv and flipping through the movie channels.

"Why not?" He asked only receiving the face that said seriously. "Why not?" He repeated.

"I'm not telling you." She chucked. "It's embarrassing"

"Are you too afraid to eat in front of good looking guys? Cause we've had lunch before, you're fine."

"Yeah, that's exactly it." Citlali sarcastically replied because she would never in a million years tell him the real reason. Lets put it this way, what goes in must come out, especially with a messed up stomach and having a werewolf with great hearing in the house is an absolute no.

Suddenly The front door opened and in came Nolan and Mrs.Caldwell with questioning looks. "He invited himself over and barged in." Citlali admitted earning a 'What!' Look from Paul who quickly played it off by taking the grocery bags from Ms. Caldwell.
"I'll take those."

With that, Citlali shut off the tv and took off to her bedroom where she decided it'd be best if she got started in homework. Though that didn't last long because soon there was knocking at her window.
"Uh Can i help you?" She asked opening the window after seeing that it was Paul.

"Do you want to hangout with me tomorrow?"

"I can't. I'm sick." She replied with a smile shutting her window as she waved goodbye leaving a hurt but slightly amused Paul. "Wait." He attempted to stop her but eventually is was completely shut along with the curtains.

"Uggghh." Citlali groaned. All she wanted to do was say yes. She would have said yes but who knew when her stomach would get the last thing she wanted was to puke in front him.