5

By Thursday afternoon, rumors spread

By Thursday afternoon, rumors spread. It seemed everyone knew that Jacob Black was now part of 'Sam's cult' leaving Quil on his own, but again, there were just rumors. Assumptions. Because the boy already missed most of the week, but also, the boy loves school. Why else would he miss?

Still questioning it, Citlali watched a lonely Quil walking, making his way home, taking the same route she usually took. She couldn't bring herself to walk it Let alone leave the house. That morning, it took a lot of convincing to have her mom drive her to school, mostly because she was frustrated and didn't understand what was happening to her daughter.

Sighing, the girl turned back around, marched across the parking lot to the familiar green truck that belongs to Jared Cameron. With his back to her, she took it as an invitation to tap his shoulder, immediately taking his attention away from Kim.

"What! Oh-Hey!" He angrily assumed it was one of his friend but quickly changed his tone when he saw it was her. "Hey...How are you?" He asked curiously. The last time they saw each other, he was in wolf form and scared as hell, now she stiles looked scared but more like if she hasn't slept. Since then, he's wanted to apologize but Paul wouldn't have it. Especially since he's still upset about the nearly giving his girlfriend a heart attack part. Though that's the funny part. Girlfriend? Because of the situation it seems no one has the courage to tease him about it.

"Good." Citlali replies, her knuckles turning white because of how tight she was holding onto her backpack. "I'm great. I need a ride home." She got straight to the point.

"Of course. Anything." Jared nodded before letting her climb into the truck with Kim in the the middle. "You usually walk home right?"

"Not anymore."

"Ohhh. I heard about what happen."

"It wasn't that big of deal. I mean, I may have over reacted, but I don't think I can walk near the woods ever again."

"What if you were walking with a friend?" Jared asked. "You'd throw them to save yourself?" He tried to joke buy she wasn't having it.

"I-" The girl laughed. "I don't really know. I tell you when it happens. Which reminds me. Did you know we're cousins? Second cousins?"

"Yeah."

Citlali frowned. "Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"I didn't think it mattered. I actually found out back in December because of Nolan."

"He knew?"

"Nah." Jared shook his head. "I mean, we had just learned about it. We were... curious." He answered. He didn't want to give it away. The fact that they had all been curious because Mr. Cadwell clearly doesn't carry the gene, so they had to figure out whose bloodline Ms. Cadwell came from. Since Mr.Cadwell isn't part of the tribe, years ago, her family had a bit of a falling out, which explained why the kids never saw, let alone met their grandmother and why Citlali had just met her aunt.
"Mmm." The girl nodded, looking down at her hands, fidgeting with the key to her home.

The rest of the drive home was filled with Kim and Jared romantically singing along to the radio, almost making Citlali wish she walked. Almost but still there was no denying they were made for each other.

Once the three pulled into her driveway, two shirtless males stormed out of the house.  One very angry and the other very frustrated.

"Hey." Citlali tried to greet Paul but he was too busy angrily making his way over to Jared who had helped Citlali

"I told you to stay away from her." Paul shoved Jared.

Getting back up, Jared shouted. "She came to me!"

"Paul don't." Nolan tried but, not liking his words, Paul jumped at Jared causing the two to shift right there. Right in front of the Cadwell residence. Right in front of Citlali who had no idea what to think other than she was now actually losing her mind.

Disappointed, Nolan dragged his sister back into Jared's truck.