Chapter 61

"Nice of you two to join." Natasha sneers as I awkwardly follow Wanda into the kitchen.

It's not that late in the morning, but it is apparently late enough for no one else to be hanging out in the kitchen apart from Natasha, who is sitting by the table, her legs crossed. She closes a file she was studying and watches us enter with a knowing smirk.

"Missed us that much? You should have just knocked." I shoot back and Natasha shoots me a look as Wanda mutters a warning "Liv!" under her breath.

"I don't knock." Natasha smirks, trying to stay blank but I can tell she's kind of enjoying herself, sitting there by the table tapping her index finger against the wooden surface.

Wanda slumps down on a chair next to the spy, making sure to leave one empty chair between them and I don't miss the way her cheeks are slightly flushed. I take it upon myself to see how red I can make her cheeks go. She shoots me a warning look, no doubt having heard exactly where my mind went.

"Are you having your little mind conversations again?" Natasha surly asks, tucking one short strand of gleaming red hair behind her ear.

"Jealousy doesn't suit you, Natasha." I quip and hear Wanda sigh forlornly as she makes an apple fly from the counter into her outstretched hand, the apple leaving faint whisps of red behind it.

"I liked her better before." Natasha looks at Wanda who is awkwardly mid-bite into her apple. "Anyway. You, eat something too."
I begin to open my mouth to shoot back a no doubt brilliant and sarcastic retort, but Wanda shuts me up by flying another apple towards me which she stops next to my face after making sure it bumps me slightly in the temple.

"Sorry." She doesn't sound the slightest bit sorry, her green eyes sparkling mischievously.

Oh, it's so on.

"Slept well, Natasha?" I ask the spy, sitting down casually in front of her while she regards me suspiciously. "I'm surprised I feel this rested, if you know what I mean."
I take a big bite of my apple, the crunching sound loud as Wanda's eyes widen and she goes a full shade redder.

Natasha only raises an eyebrow at me, the right side of her mouth twitching upwards in what is almost a rare smile from her.

"So you were catching up on some sleep this morning, then?"

"Oh, gosh, I almost wish that's what we did!" I bat my lashes and I hear Wanda groan.

Natasha sits back in her chair, leaning against the back, watching me. I smile sweetly and take another big bite of my apple, making sure I bite into it loudly.

"Livvy." Wanda warns me and I look over at her where she is sitting in a very different position to me and Natasha, looking like she wishes she could disappear on the spot.

"Yes, baby?" I smile at her, using a pet name I loathe but finding this rather funny.

"You need to shut up." Wanda's eyes widen meaningfully.

"Make me."

"Alright!" Natasha loudly clears her throat and I laugh at how adorable Wanda looks, her cheeks a color almost matching the red apple in her hand that she's forgotten about.

"I hope you are rested enough for today." Natasha breaks the awkward silence, looking at me.

"What, you too?" I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"Seriously, Wanda, can you turn her back into the crazy murdering psycho?"

"Hey!" I pretend to be upset. "I'm wounded by the insinuation that this isn't the best version of me."