Chapter 92

WANDA'S POV

I feel my eyes begin to lazily flutter open, a great sense of calmness flowing through my entire being. It's been so long since I've felt like this. My body is completely and utterly relaxed. I don't want to wake up. I didn't even dream. I keep my eyes shut, wanting to stay in whatever moment of bliss I have managed to capture for as long as I possibly can. I realize that I both hear and feel the calm, steady heartbeat under my head, and I remember that I'm draped across Olivia. Wait, what? My eyes pop open. What am I doing!?

I can't seem to make myself move away from her, though. I feel too... I can't quite pinpoint the slow stirring emotions I feel pumping through my veins. It feels right, though. Whatever it is. I feel safe. I discover that Olivia's arm is loosely wrapped around my waist, and although my brain is telling me this is too close, too intimate, my body doesn't seem to share the same apprehension. It wants quite the opposite. I want to be wrapped in her arms. Tighter. Closer. Hiding away. She hides me away. I allow myself to listen to her heartbeat underneath me, her breath slow and even, slightly tickling the back of my head. It's music to my ears and I could probably listen to her beat of life for a long time. I close my eyes, feeling a faint smile grace my lips as I gravitate toward the calming feeling of her thoughts. They feel... like a sunset. There's a small breeze as she dreams, but I don't focus on what exactly she's dreaming of. I don't want to infringe on her privacy in that way. Whatever it is she's dreaming of is making her happy, though, the feeling seeping into me, orange and radiant.

I burrow myself closer to her, ignoring the slight trepidation in the back of my mind. It feels too good. She feels too good. I'm safe. I feel the rise and fall of her breath, my arm draped across her stomach rises and falls with her and I have an indescribable urge to be even closer to her although I don't quite know how I would manage that. My legs are tangled with hers. Her heartbeat is all I hear. I feel oddly giddy at the same time as I feel like I have no energy in my limbs. I close my eyes and just listen to her. My breathing syncs up to hers and I'm almost sure that my heart matches the beat of her heart. I could doze off again.

I slowly open my eyes again in the dim room, curiousness overtaking me. I lift my head barely off her chest, mindful as to not disturb her. Her slack arm falls slightly lower on my waist, the feeling making something stir inside of my chest. My breath gets stuck in the back of my throat. I turn and peek up at her face through my eyelashes. She looks so peaceful. So soft. So relaxed. Different from how she looks when she's awake. The seemingly permanent frown on her face is nowhere to be found. My eyes skim over her features delicately, selfishly drinking her in without her knowledge. I gaze at her for a while, wondering why she makes me feel so at ease. I want to merely be close to her, permanently. When she left me... I pout, trying to shake away the unwelcome shift of my thoughts. I return to her mind. The softness of her dreams calms me and pushes away the negative thoughts. My eyes fall down to her lips. They're slightly parted and I notice they're slightly turned up in a delicate smile. I realize I'm smiling too, that unrecognized feeling stirring in my chest again, and I blush when I concede that I'm thinking back to how it felt to have my lips on hers, my heart on fire. I wonder what would happen if I kissed her again. Why am I even thinking of kissing her? I shouldn't. I have what I wanted. What I want. But I can't help but fantasize, the prospect making my stomach tighten and my chest flutter.

"Mmmhhhwhatthefuck?" Olivia softly mumbles, her arm tightening its grip around me and I hold my breath as she talks in her sleep.

Her thoughts stir slightly more actively, the orange hue turning slightly yellow and pink. I bite my lower lip in amusement. Her eyes move under her eyelids.