Chapter 91

Oh, fuck.

"Do I mind? I - no, I guess I don't-" Wanda stutters next to me, her movements stilled as she looks at Vision. "I mean, why would I - unless, Olivia, do you mind?"

Yes, I fucking do mind talking to your not-dead-ex! I want to scream at her, but I keep my cool, shaking my head nonchalantly. Wanda's green eyes sparkle nervously and she wets her lips with her tongue, offering Vision a slight half-smile. I have a feeling Wanda too wants nothing less than for Vision to talk to me.

"Alright, that's good then. Olivia, do you mind?" Vision motions towards Wanda's bedroom and I let out a dry laugh.

"Do you mind if we don't do it there?" I drawl, pretending to be totally cool, but if there's one place I'm not having this discussion, it's in Wanda's bedroom.

"Oh, I just assumed - there's no other private space here, except for the bathroom." Vision explains sincerely, looking slightly confounded. "Darcy might come back from your jet at any moment and the other-"

"Why don't I go in there, and you stay here?" Wanda offers, her face pale, making the slight blush on her cheeks all the starker in contrast.

"Are you sure, darling?" Vision asks her, concern in his voice and I resist the never-ending urge to roll my eyes at him. Yuck.

"Well, you want privacy, don't you?" Wanda retorts, and I recognize a curtness to her tone which I've not heard her use with Vision ever. "Privacy from me."

"Just for a moment, darling-" Vision calmly replies, but Wanda huffs loudly.

"Fine. You know, I could just listen to your thoughts." She snakily makes us aware as she walks past me, her jaw stubbornly held high. I know she is trying to look annoyed, but she just kind of looks hot. Sue me, I think, looking at her walking away. Jealousy suits her.

Shut up. I hear Wanda's annoyed voice echo in my head, my body instantly flushing, forgetting the chill I can't shake.

I try not to smile as she slams her bedroom door shut behind herself, leaving me alone with Vision for the first time. Vision stares at the shut bedroom door for a moment, before he turns back towards me, a contemplative look on his face. I shift slightly on the balls of my feet, feeling uncomfortable under his icy blue stare. He smiles awkwardly at me, looking as though the muscles in his face are struggling to remember what smiling entails.

"So-" He starts off uncertainly, crossing his arms across his chest as he looks down at me.

"So." I repeat, my voice sounding cold although I didn't mean for it to. This is just too fucking weird.

"Wanda told me." Vision tries again and I swallow nervously, waiting for him to continue. "I'm supposed to be dead, apparently."

"Oh, yeah right." I sound relieved, to which he frowns. "Sorry, I just- never mind. Yes. You are. Well, were."

"And I hear it's you I have to thank for this." He looks at me with an inquisitive expression and I shrug. "Wanda seems to care for you a lot."
"Oh, well, we've been through a lot." I dismiss him, but I have a feeling he knows exactly what I'm doing. "Well, doesn't matter, she doesn't recollect any of it."
"I think it does matter. To her, at least." Vision sighs. "She's hurting. I don't know what is harming her, she won't let me know, but I can still read her."

I abstain from telling him it's rather evident Wanda's hurting, but I don't. The earnestness in his voice makes me bite my tongue. As much as I want to detest the man in front of me for what he symbolizes to me - I can't. He's not done anything wrong. All he's done is love Wanda. It's more than one could say about me. If the tables were turned, he would have every reason to hate me. He knows Wanda's hurting, but he doesn't know it is because of me. So I stay silent.