Dreams and Nightmares

Percy POV:

We were halfway to Los Angeles, halfway to our destination. I was speeding down the street since I couldn't exactly risk flying the 'Super Awesome Chick Magnet Chariot' with James inside.

Dad tends to get a bit dramatic when it comes to Poseidon and forgets about overpeople, people he cares for who may get injured due to his actions.

It was only June fourteenth, the solstice wasn't until the twenty-first. We could make it in plenty of time, on the other hand, I had no idea what to expect if the Gods keep toying with us. I have no doubt in my mind that my dad Zeus is forcing the whole council to watch the quest to show everyone how useless James is and how I am the most awesomest demigod on the quest! 

Damn, I think I need to spend less time with Apollo. "Hey punks!" James said, "Are you gonna thank me for getting that shield?" 

We rolled our eyes and Grover hit him in the back of the head with his reed pipes making him rub his head muttering something about 'stupid goats'. 

Luke looked at me and trust me when I tell you he looked half-dead, we probably all do we haven't had a decent sleep since we left CHB. "Do you think we can stop at a motel or something once we get to LA?" he asked, "We have a few days left to find the Master Bolt but I think I'm speaking for all of us when I don't think we can do anything without some decent sleep."

I nodded "We'll stop at a hotel in Vegas to re-charge and then set off in the morning, I should have enough on the card dad got me for a suite for all of us." I replied

LINE BREAK

Grover said he found a backpack in one of the empty seats full of supplies, no doubt Ares left it for us but I have no doubt that it could be bewitched or maybe even something worse. 

I told him to give it to me when we stop and we just continued driving along the way. Thirty minutes before we reached our destination I was started to get drowsy when James said "Why are we stopping in Vegas?" He whined "I need to get to Santa Monica dads going to reward me for my amazing skill!" 

I rolled my eyes but wrote down that we had to head to Santa Monica before we go to the underworld. "We're stopping to get some rest first." 

Luke looked at me with a face of understanding and said "Perce, pullover I'll drive for a bit."

I was hesitant but I eventaully pulled over and let him drive with the promise he wont crash into or accidently start flying. 

I eventually fell asleep but unfortuantly I had another demigod-dream-nightmare thing. It started out as Athena making me do a test... IN ENGLISH. I may not have as bad dyslexia as I used to but I still absolutely hate reading and writing the gods forsaken language. 

I looked to my right and saw my sister, Thalia Grace daughter of Zeus and some negligent lady he knocked up. I love dad but seriously if you going to break the oath atleast find a good woman. 

"Percy!" Thalia screamed

I was confused for a second "You're not dead?" I asked

She bitterly chuckled "Thankfully not, old Hades would've sent me straight to the Field of punishent" I frowned "Dad turned me into a tree, I'm pissed he didn't turn me into a tree nymph or something better than being alone forever but I guess this works." 

I frowned but then thought of something, "Thals, dad loves you and so do I and I swear on the River Styx that I'll find a way to bring you back." 

She looked shocked but then we heard the crackle of thunder and she laughed "We can even hear it in my mind!" 

We talked for a while longer before I fell through the classroom floor, I was falling for a while before I was standing right above Tartarus. 

Percy Jackson it said Yes, the exchange went well I see. 

I was back standing over the dark pit, spirits of the dead drifting around me. Unseen in the pit, the monstrous thing was speaking, but this time it wasn't addressing me. The numbing power of its voice seemed directed somewhere else. And he suspects nothing? It asked

I felt like I knew the voice, I thought back to the historic battles of the first Titan war, the footage of the wars Athena made me watch. It was the Voice of the Crooked One, the Titan King, It was the voice of the Lord Kronos.

Another voice, it was female and I felt like I recognized it said Nothing my lord, He is as ignorant as the rest.

I looked over, but no one was there/ The speaker was invisible. Deception upon deception, the thing in the pit mused aloud. Excellent

Truly, my lord, said the voice next to me, you are well-named the Crooked One. But was it really necessary? I was fully capable of bringing you what I stole directly. 

You?  Kronos said in scorn. You have already shown your limits. You would have failed me completely had I not intervened

But, my lord -

Peace, little servent. Our six months have bought us much. Zeus's anger has grown. Both he and Poseidon have played their most desperate cards, Zeus even has a child of two of the big three at his disposal. Now we shall use it against him. Shortly you shall have the reward you wish, and your revenge. As soon as both items are delivered into my hands . . . but wait. He is here. 

What? The invisible servant suddenly sounded tense. How did he get here my lord, surely you have not summoned him? 

No. The full force of the Titan King's attention was now pouring over me, freezing me in place. Blast his birth father's blood, he is too changeable, too unpredictable. The boy has bought himself here. 

Impossible! The servent cried Zeus is known for being strict, How could a child of his do this?

Kronos laughed He is not born of Zeus you fool he has the blood of Poseidon flowing through his veins! 

The voice then turned its cold power back onto me. So . . . you wish to dream of your quest, young tri-blood? Then I will oblige. 

I was confused about why he called me a tri-blood instead of a half-blood but then the scene changed.

I was standing in a vast throne room with black marble walls and bronze floors. The empty, horrid throne was made from human bones fused together. Standing at the foot of the dais was James' mother, Miss Waters, frozen in shimmering golden light. her arms outstretched.

I tried to step towards her, but my legs wouldn't move. I reached for her only to realize that my hands were withering to bones. Grinning skeletons in Greek armor crowded around me, draping me with silk robes, wreathing my head with laurels that smoked with Chimera poison, burning into my scalp. The evil voice began to laugh. Hail the conquering hero!