Clarisse gets mad and Dreams

Percy/Nerva POV:

"You are in so much trouble," Clarisse sneered glaring at James.

We'd just finished showing  James, the Demeter girl, and Tyson around the ship, well when I say we I mean Clarisse and the Confederates since I've been stuck on lookout and Luke was trying to cause trouble. We'd seen the coal bunker, the boilers, and engine, which huffed and groaned like it would explode any minute. We'd seen the pilot house and the powder magazine and gunnery deck with two Dahlgren smoothbore cannons on the port and starboard sides and a Brooke nine-inch rifled gun fore and aft - all specially refitted to fire celestial bronze cannonballs.

Everywhere we went creepy, dead and for most outright scary Confederate sailors stared at us, their ghostly bearded faces shimmering over their skulls. They approved of Amaranth, the Demeter girl because she told them she was from Florida. They were interested in me, too, because my name was Jackson - like the Southern general - but I didn't pay much attention to them.

The Cyclops, Tyson was outright terrified of them. All through the tour, he insisted on Amaranth, or Amy as she liked to be called hold his hand, she didn't look like she minded but you could tell she was getting annoyed.

Finally, we were led into the dining area. The CSS Birmingham captain's quarters were about the size of a walk-in closet, but still much bigger than any other room on board. The table was set with white linen and china. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, potato chips, and Dr. Peppers were served by skeletal crewmen. I didn't particularly like the undead, well except for Nico and Bianca but I wasn't going to let good food go to waste we could end up stranded on some island and forced to fight in some bloodthirsty competition for all we know.

"Tantalus expelled you for eternity," Clarisse told them smugly. "Mr D said if any of you show your faces at camp again,  he'll turn you into squirrels and run you over with his SUV."

Amy flinched and turned pale, "Did they give you this ship?" James asked.

I snorted, "Course not. My father did." retorted Clarisse.

"Ares?"

Clarisse sneered. "You think your daddy is the only one with sea power? The spirits on the losing side of every war owe a tribute to Ares. That's their curse for being defeated. I prayed to my father for a naval transport and here it is. These guys will do anything I tell them. Won't you Captain?"

The captain stood to the left of me looking stiff and angry. His glowing green eyes fixed at James with a hungry stare. "If it means an end to this infernal war, ma'am, peace at last, we'll do anything. Destroy anyone."

Clarisse smiled. "Destroy anyone. I like that." 

James was trying to keep a blank face but you could see the fear in his eyes.

"Clarisse," Amaranth said, "We think that Annabeth is trying to find the Fleece too. We saw her and she's got coordinates and heading south. And she has a cruise ship full of monsters and some bear-people that she was tried to feed us too." 

I scowled, she not only poisoned my sister, the girl who quite literally ran to her death to save her but is trying to stop us from getting the one thing that could save her! "Good! I'll blow him out of the water."

"You don't understand," Amaranth said. "We have to help each other. Let us help you -"

"No!" Clarisse pounded the table causing some of my Dr Pepper to spill. "This is my quest, smart girl! Finally, I get to be the hero, and you two will not steal my chance."

"You choose Luke and Percy!" James said. "They've already been on a quest, did none of you Ares friends want to help you?"

"Luke and Percy have proved themselves unlike you Waters, I needed quest mates with more skills than just fighting even I know that!"