Saving Heroes from a Hydra

Percy/Nerva POV:

I was getting ready for bed when I heard a knock at my cabin door, now to be completely honest I wasn't expecting anyone to knock on my door this late in the night, curfew was an hour ago and I don't think anyone wants to risk getting eaten by harpies so I figured the only person who could be bothered to visit this late at night had to be Tantalus who obviously wants to kill me giving me the perfect excuse to attack him. 

I might have been a bit too hopeful because when I opened my door I saw Clarisse and she looked spooked, I'm guessing she's suffering from the aftereffects of a mummy coming to life puking green smoke everywhere and sprouting out a prophecy. "Hey Punk," she said.

I nodded at her and motioned for her to come in so the harpies wouldn't try to eat either of us, "How are you, Chrissa?" I asked

She grimaced, "Everyone in Ares cabin thinks I've been sucking up to Tantalus," she explained. "I love them, they're my siblings you know but after the excitement of one of their siblings getting chosen to lead a quest wore off they all demanded I take them with me and started fighting which normally I'd be all for but. . . it's hard to explain."

I frowned, "Want a can of coke? I bought some before Luke IM'ed me earlier." 

She nodded, "Thanks Perce, anyways I came to ask if you want to go on the quest with me tomorrow. "

I smiled, albeit confused but I was grateful she would allow me to go on her quest so I could save not only Grover but fulfill my oath on saving the remaining parts of my sister. "I'd love to Clarisse, who's your final quest member?" I asked. 

"I was going to ask Luke in the morning, he looked ready to collapse earlier he's was on night duty yesterday and he's been up since 12 today figured I'd let him get a little rest."

I nodded, "Alright, thanks Chrissa really but I'd like to get some sleep now especially since I'll need to get up early now."

Clarisse chuckled, "I get it, I'm leaving airhead." 

Clarisse stood up and walked towards the door so she could leave, unbeknownst to either of them a certain goddess was looking towards them both, hope-filled within her eyes. "Save my daughter brother, I beg of you."

TIME SKIP

It was around seven o'clock in the morning when I emerged from my cabin with a backpack slung across one of my shoulders as I walked towards the Big house. Once I got there I saw Luke and Clarisse sitting with Tantalus gazing at them from the other side of the table. "So you finally decided to greet us with your presence Jackson!" yelled Tantalus.

"Yes sir," I replied scowling.

"Good, good," Tantalus said with satisfaction dripping from his voice. "You should have been giving some supplies from the camp store and anything else you can find yourselves, I have been told by the harpies that they spotted Waters and some Demeter girl I believe she is named Theia leaving camp, if you find them tell them they have been permanently expelled from camp!"

Clarisse scowled, she looked angry, and to be honest I felt the same, Luke, on the other hand, looked worried but I put that thought aside as Tantalus yelled, "Well leave then! The camp isn't going to sail through the Sea of Monsters."

Clarisse nodded, motioning us to follow her, and we did silently following her every command because by the gods does she look scary when she's pissed off. 

TIME SKIP

Luke and I watched and Clarisse stared into the distance, observing the tide turning and the waves churning. "We haven't got a ship," Luke said.

Clarisse turned around and glared at him, "No Styx Sherlock, Jackson got any ideas?" 

I thought about it for a second, I could pray to dad but he's more of a flying kind of god and I could pray to Poseidon but I still don't really like him but then I started to remember something Ares told me once, The soldiers, politicians, engineers of the losing side of the war all owe me a debt so if I needed too I could pull them out of the afterlife to do something for me and then they can enjoy, or suffer their afterlife without the threat of battle once again.

"The losing side of a war owes your dad a debt, you could pray to him for a warship or something," 

She nodded and turned back towards the ocean before crouching down whispering a prayer to Ares for assistance.

For a moment nothing happened and Clarisse's face went back to its signature scowl before a confederate ironclad warship appeared, confederate soldiers onboard even if they were skeletons I assume they still have their wits.

Luke grinned as the skeleton soldiers helped us aboard, as I came aboard I glanced at Clarisse who had a determined gleam in her eyes and she looked at me. "Jackson you're on lookout, Castellan go check the inventory!" She ordered.  

I sighed, well at least it's better than angry Clarisse.

TIME SKIP

I was enjoying myself, we were on course to enter the Sea of Monsters and we've had no more than the occasional sea monsters try to board the ship and for a half-blood or well a tri-blood in my case that's pretty good. 

But I think my good thinking jinxed us since I saw a Hydra in the distance battling two demigods and a Cyclops, now that I think about it they look pretty familiar. "Chrissa we've got a Hyrda ahead, I think Waters is over there too!" 

Clarisse in her usual fashion marched over to me and took out a spyglass she got from God knows where before cursing under her breath. "Full steam ahead, towards the Hydra!" She yelled.

"Aye, m'lady."

The daughter of Demeter looked towards the ship in shock as Clarisse shouted, "There! Prepare the thirty-two-pounder!"

I looked towards the skeletal confederates as a gravelly male voice said, "They're too close, m'lady!"

"Damn the heroes!" Clarisse said. "Full steam ahead!"

"Aye, m'lady." 

"Fire at will, Captain!"

The Demeter girl looked as if she understood what was happening and yelled, "Hit the dirt!" and then dived towards the ground seconds before Waters and the Cyclops did.

An earth-shattering BOOM echoed across the ship and then the Hyrda exploded before showering the unexpecting heroes in nasty green slime. 

"Good job Chrissa!" I yelled.

"Yeah, you did great!" Luke agreed.

The ship slowed as it approached the group of heroes, - and the Cyclops, "Loses," Clarisse sneered. "But I suppose I have to rescue you. Come aboard."