𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

╔═══════════════════╗𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫╚═══════════════════╝

𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫
╚═══════════════════╝

Wake up at 6AM, take a shower, give mom her pills, make breakfast, wait for Kayden to arrive to take care of mom, then go to college. That was my life for the past two months.

Hi, my name's Y/N Gold, and until not too long ago my life was great, I had many friends, a family, a boyfriend and most importantly, I was pretty wealthy. But it all changed the day mom was diagnosed with cancer.

Dad left her that exact day and filed for divorce, talking most of what we had. Most of my 'friends' along with my boyfriend left afterwards as well, as for grandparents, not even one of them is alive, not from my mom's side and neither from my dad's.

But even though I don't have help from any of my family members, I have my friends, Kayden and Grace.

Kayden was in his last year when we met, so when my mom got diagnosed with cancer two months ago he was the first person to volunteer to take care of her while I was in college, and I couldn't be more grateful for it.

As for Grace, she helped me get a job at a restaurant as a waitress after I quit working at the strip club.

To be honest, I had days when I thought that all my life would be like this, in debt and worry...but little did I know that the Universe had something else in store for me.

~~~

"Miss Gold!" Professor Frank, my design teacher called, seeing that I was asleep in his class...again

"Yes." I chirped as my head shot up at the sound of my name being called

"Sleeping again?" He questioned, crossing his arms at his chest.

"Sorry sir, it won't happen again" I muttered, slightly embarrassed.

As you might've realized, this wasn't the first time that I fell asleep in his class and it for sure won't be the last time either.

"Better be" he said, and with that he continued the class, and fortunately, I didn't fall asleep.

~~~

"Okay, you're worrying me" Grace, said as we got out of the classroom after the bell rang

"What do you mean?" I inquired

"What do you meant what do I mean? For the past week you've been all over the place" she said at which I rolled my eyes

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock." I said, coming out ruder than expected

"Look, I told you many times, if you ever need any help-" she began but I didn't want to hear it.

"Yes, yes I know, I can ask you for help. Look, I know you wanna help me, and I'm grateful for that, but you've helped me enough" I said softly "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to work" and with that I left to my locker.